For those of you attending Dragon*Con this year you'll be happy to know that the complete schedule is out. I've included all the possible Venture Bros.-related things you could want, plus any panels where Jackson, Doc or James are panelists (which is quite a few this year). As usual there's a ton of stuff to do this year, so you have no reason not to be busy having all the fun for yourselves. Just don't forget about all of us back home! New events may be added to the schedule (or existing ones could change), so keep checking back. Also be sure to check here during and after the convention for any news and info. I know you will! Enjoy!
Beyond featuring the voice of James Urbaniak and having a character named 'Mantis' (who is a praying mantis) there's really no reason for me to post this. Of course those are the two reasons I'm posting this, so here it is. PigGoatBananaMantis! is a short pilot created by Dave Cooper & Johnny Ryan and animated by Nick Cross. It's pretty insane as far as these things go, but the animation is quite nice, plus it's short. Plus James Urbaniak as Mantis. I'll say no more.
Introducing the latest entry in my ever growing series of interviews with Venture Bros. co-creator Jackson Publick. Jackson was nice enough to let me ask all the tough questions nobody asked at Comic-Con including a bunch of stuff on season 5 and some convention-specific stuff.
In the biggest news, however is on the season 5 premiere, which Jackson revealed, in a Mantis-Eye World Exclusive, will be a full hour-long episode. He also cleared up any remaining confusion over the Halloween special's format (it's 22 minutes and part of the 10-episode season) and answered many more questions that I should probably know better than to ask at this point. Read the SDCC Wrap-Up Interview with Jackson Publick to find out all the details!
- Sirk TV On-The-Scene Interview - Has a lot of clips from the show interspersed with Jackson and Doc talking about their writing process which involves gold tablets and a big board and a wax imprint of Doc that looks like he's kissing Jackson (but isn't!). Yup.
- Comics Online Interview - Comics Online's Kroze has his yearly interview/hugging session with Doc Hammer. There's a lengthy embrace and some rubbing, as you might expect. I'm sure there's an interview and some questions in there too somewhere. Maybe even some answers!
- Girl Gamer TV has a short interview that is much calmer than the others and with less meandering insanity, which may be good or bad, depending on your viewpoint.
Adult Swim was extra quick and extra generous in getting their SDCC panel videos up this year, putting up a full 38 minutes of the Venture Bros. panel. Click the link to watch or check out the embedinated version below!
Jackson Publick: We expand the background stories of the characters from the OSI. The hardest thing about making up a name for a [fake] G.I. Joe guy is that all of the stupid names are actually taken by G.I. Joes.
Doc Hammer: Every time I come up with one, I think "Oh, this is so ridiculous!" Then I go on Wikipedia to check and they've done that one already. Who knew? The names we came up with are good because the dumb ones are actually G.I. Joe characters. Like "Headshot." That's a hot one!
- Spinoff Online has a nice write-up that gets into many of the details of the panel. Until an official video comes out this is a pretty good one to read to get all of the Jackson and Doc banter we all know and love. Just read it in their voices in your head.
- Geeks of Doom has a short write-up with listings of the special guests and a couple of photos from the panel as well.