Venture Bros. Movie Greenlit

Venture Bros. Movie Greenlit
Adult Swim has tweeted out an announcement that a Venture Bros. movie has been greenlit! Not a ton else to report right now, but here is a brief description that I swiped from this Polygon article (thanks to Venturion for passing me the link):

Doc’s latest invention will either bankrupt the Ventures or launch them to new heights, as Hank searches for himself, Dean searches for Hank, The Monarch searches for answers, and a mysterious woman from their pasts threatens to bring their entire world crashing down on them.

No word on release dates or anything like that, but stay tuned for more news of course. WarnerMedia's programming upfront is scheduled for May 19th and we could learn more then. We're not done just yet!
Holy shit YESSSSSSS YES YES YES YES YES THIS IS AMAZING NEWS
6 months ago
All right! I knew my borderline obsessive checking of the site every day would finally pay off. Glad that Jackson and Doc will get a chance to continue (or, if this is the actual end, get some closure on) the story.
6 months ago
Cool beans! I saw an update on the Venture wiki for "The Venture Bros. The Movie" and skedaddled on over here. I am assuming this will contain material from some of the episodes the fellas had already written before getting the tragic news last year.
6 months ago
It's a great time to be alive!
6 months ago
Very exciting news that a movie is coming! I'm sad that the series won't end on Jackson & Doc's terms (they were writing Season 8 when word on cancellation came in), but at least we'll get some closure. I felt the show was still fresh with no signs in slowing down. The Venture Bros. deserves much more recognition than it ever received (both from general public and within the industry). This show will always be a treasure given all the love put into it. The comedy, world-building, drama, story-telling, artwork, animation, acting, casting, etc. have all been outstanding and it deserves a better fate, but I'm just happy we all got to experience it. All of it was a wonderful gift and I'm thankful for it.

And this will be the ending apparently (J. Urbaniak claimed it on twitter):

Go. Team. Venture!
6 months ago
  • by Destroyo
  • (unregistered id: CDC55F233D)
I ask for only two boons: a final "shirt-club" release and Red Death gets a snazzy Guild uniform.
6 months ago
As the guys seem to have a penchant for wordplay I will speculate that "launch them to new heights" and "crashing down on them" probably have literal meanings in the plot. Gargantua-3 maybe?
6 months ago
I see no problem with that theory.
6 months ago
  • by crowleywaltz
  • (unregistered id: 1EAE421AD5)
I think you're definitely thinking along the right lines but I wonder if they'd really go to the Gargantua well again....didn't we see Doc dealing with a flying weather machine? Maybe that has something to do with it.
5 months ago
Could be if the OSI didn't make Doc turn it over.

Here's a musing: The antagonists have multiple agencies such as the GCI and the Peril Partnership. Do the protagonists only have to OSI to deal with all of them?
5 months ago
Probably- you don't really see agencies working together in most of these shows. OSI could have absorbed some agencies in the past though.

Even if the movie is Gargantua (and PROBLEM- I may have understated that was a pun) free, there's still JJ and General Treister out there somewhere in space.
5 months ago
I hope the movie is 8 hours long. This better not be some 68 minute BS.

Also, I have been actively playing the lottery in case I can win 100 million dollars and fund some new seasons.

I thought 2020 couldn't get any worse and then the cancellation came and it felt like the world had actually ended. Seems odd that that was worse than covid for me but we'd already been waiting for like 2+ years per season.
4 months ago
I felt the exact same way. It was my anchor on a turbulent sea.I had a couple worse things going on but that was the biggest, unexpected gut punch for me.

I was hoping the fellas would have considered continuing the show as a crowdfunded web series, but it seems they are considering the cancellation as a sign to move on as they have other projects they wish to pursue.

If you want a never ending animated series, The Simpsons is starting season 33 soon. That's insane, and way over the hill. People who were born when it first aired now have teenager kids! I stopped watching it after season 9 or so.
4 months ago
Same- I knew it wouldn't last forever but I was hoping for a last season for them to wrap things up. The movie should be enough but it would be better if they had more time to get to everybody.
4 months ago
There’s a petition tying to get more VB as well as on August 13, trying to have a push for as many people as possible to watch VB all day long on HBO Max

It may be for nothing but still worth participating in, in hopes we can get more then just the movie that won’t be able to tie up every storyline

3 months ago

3 months ago
I think at this point the question that needs to be asked is, "Do the show's creators want to continue beyond the movie?" Sure, they were in the middle of writing season 8 when they got the news that their show was being canceled, but I get the feeling that they are now looking to move on and work on other projects, unless I missed some interview where they state the contrary.
3 months ago
This has always been my point. I will always want MORE Venture Bros., but I only want more content if Jackson & Doc are inspired to create it. The hard work and love they put into the show is depicted at every level of production and, ideally, they'd be able to create more VB as long as they are inspired to do so. Every bit of VB I get is a gift I didn't deserve. I will gladly buy the movie when it releases and look forward to anything Jackson & Doc make.
3 months ago
Jackson Publick Twitter teaser update - https://twitter.com/jacksonpublick?lang=en

"Things are happening" - J. Publick

"Long-form Special"? I wonder if that's the actual title of the movie, just a working title until they decide on an actual title or a placeholder name so as not to reveal the title to us yet?
29 days ago