Venture Bros. Movie Greenlit

Venture Bros. Movie Greenlit
Adult Swim has tweeted out an announcement that a Venture Bros. movie has been greenlit! Not a ton else to report right now, but here is a brief description that I swiped from this Polygon article (thanks to Venturion for passing me the link):

Doc’s latest invention will either bankrupt the Ventures or launch them to new heights, as Hank searches for himself, Dean searches for Hank, The Monarch searches for answers, and a mysterious woman from their pasts threatens to bring their entire world crashing down on them.

No word on release dates or anything like that, but stay tuned for more news of course. WarnerMedia's programming upfront is scheduled for May 19th and we could learn more then. We're not done just yet!
Holy shit YESSSSSSS YES YES YES YES YES THIS IS AMAZING NEWS
1 month ago
All right! I knew my borderline obsessive checking of the site every day would finally pay off. Glad that Jackson and Doc will get a chance to continue (or, if this is the actual end, get some closure on) the story.
1 month ago
Cool beans! I saw an update on the Venture wiki for "The Venture Bros. The Movie" and skedaddled on over here. I am assuming this will contain material from some of the episodes the fellas had already written before getting the tragic news last year.
1 month ago
It's a great time to be alive!
1 month ago
Very exciting news that a movie is coming! I'm sad that the series won't end on Jackson & Doc's terms (they were writing Season 8 when word on cancellation came in), but at least we'll get some closure. I felt the show was still fresh with no signs in slowing down. The Venture Bros. deserves much more recognition than it ever received (both from general public and within the industry). This show will always be a treasure given all the love put into it. The comedy, world-building, drama, story-telling, artwork, animation, acting, casting, etc. have all been outstanding and it deserves a better fate, but I'm just happy we all got to experience it. All of it was a wonderful gift and I'm thankful for it.

And this will be the ending apparently (J. Urbaniak claimed it on twitter):

Go. Team. Venture!
1 month ago
  • by Destroyo
  • (unregistered id: CDC55F233D)
I ask for only two boons: a final "shirt-club" release and Red Death gets a snazzy Guild uniform.
1 month ago
As the guys seem to have a penchant for wordplay I will speculate that "launch them to new heights" and "crashing down on them" probably have literal meanings in the plot. Gargantua-3 maybe?
1 month ago
I see no problem with that theory.
29 days ago
  • by crowleywaltz
  • (unregistered id: 1EAE421AD5)
I think you're definitely thinking along the right lines but I wonder if they'd really go to the Gargantua well again....didn't we see Doc dealing with a flying weather machine? Maybe that has something to do with it.
1 day ago
Could be if the OSI didn't make Doc turn it over.

Here's a musing: The antagonists have multiple agencies such as the GCI and the Peril Partnership. Do the protagonists only have to OSI to deal with all of them?
22 hours ago
Probably- you don't really see agencies working together in most of these shows. OSI could have absorbed some agencies in the past though.

Even if the movie is Gargantua (and PROBLEM- I may have understated that was a pun) free, there's still JJ and General Treister out there somewhere in space.
7 hours ago