Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

James Urbaniak confirmed the movie is the series finale =(

https://twitter.com/JamesUrbaniak/status/1469457672202194945?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1469457672202194945%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fcomicbook.com%2Fanime%2Fnews%2Fthe-venture-bros-series-finale-movie-update-james-urbaniak-doctor-venture-adult-swim%2F

<expletive deleted> the new adult swim president who canceled Venture Bros season 8 and instead keeps giving airtime to the immensely terrible and unfunny bojack horseman spin-off
Dec. 12, 2021, 5:28am
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
Still the possibility of a graphic novel, I figure, even if there won't be any new animation after this. And I'm sure Jackson and Doc are going to cram as much Venture-y goodness in as possible.
Dec. 12, 2021, 7:14am
I’m sure they will but I feel they won’t be able to provide as much closure as they would with a full season to wrap up every loose end

The movie will still be fantastic though and hope it’ll be longer then All This and Gargantua-2
Dec. 12, 2021, 11:40am
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
Even with a full season, I don't think they'd be able to tie everything up. I mean, I'd definitely love a full season but I'll take what I can get.
Dec. 13, 2021, 6:01am
James had actually let this slip some time go. At least they are recording voices meaning they're pretty well along with production.

I had gotten the impression that DH and JP had taken the cancelation as a sign that it was time to move on to other things, after the movie finale that is. They've mentioned that they had other projects in mind and after 7 seasons and 15+ years working on this show I think they decided to hang it up. Yes, they would have given us a season 8 had they been allowed to continue, but I'm not sure if they would have done another season after that. I initially had hoped they might have continued it for one more season as a crowd funded web series.

As much as it sucks we'll have to accept the movie as likely the final chapter of the Venture saga, but nothing will ever be able to replace this show in my heart. :`(
Dec. 13, 2021, 12:07pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
You're probably right- Season 8 would have been the end of VBU Phase 3 (as far as I can tell, Doc and Jackson write in cycles of three airing groups before writing themselves a possible out) and they've been at it for a long time. Nobody wants it to end up like The Simpsons.
Dec. 14, 2021, 8:24am
I've got maybe two years to live (no sympathies!) so I'm glad I get to see the wrap up although I'd rather there be 10 more seasons after I'm dead. But if they're ready for it to end I'll accept it.
Yeah, I'd hate for it to flail around into garbage like the Simpsons.
Dec. 21, 2021, 5:44pm
Well now I'm hoping even more that the fellas can deliver this baby sometime in 2022. Maybe they'll be giving us a guesstimate on a release date within the next month or two? Or will it be a surprise drop?

CaseCrash, when you walk through the Pearly Gates the first thing you must do is raise your arms and shout "SPANAKOPITA!"
Dec. 22, 2021, 5:00am
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
Yeah, not to make light of the situation too much but have you considered a PROBLEM?
Dec. 22, 2021, 11:27am
Ha! If I could get one, I'd still probably just keep it mint-in-box
Dec. 30, 2021, 7:24am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Julibql unlocked One Year Later Apr. 23, 2024, 10:57am
  • Veronakyd unlocked One Year Later Apr. 22, 2024, 8:02pm
  • Veronagis unlocked One Year Later Apr. 22, 2024, 9:31am
  • Veronadvg unlocked One Year Later Apr. 22, 2024, 6:49am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites