Venture Bros. Possibly Cancelled

Friend of the show Ken Plume made a couple of Tweets last night:

There's been no official confirmation anywhere as best I can tell, though a concerned reader did write me to let me know:

Anecdotally: I have a friend who works for Turner, and he says Adult Swim is facing a massive downsizing in staff, scope, and programming. This is all speculation of course, but I do have a bad feeling.

I have no way to verify any of this of course, and no idea what this means for season eight or beyond of the show.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck. Revealing it this way just makes me all the more anxious with how vague this all is and all the time of radio silence from official channels. Just...fuck. I hope AS is prepared for all the Monarch level archnemeses they're about to create if this is true.
19 days ago
If that's true, then it's strange that they're going to be re-releasing the Art of The Venture Bros. book the end of this year. I mean, I hope it's not true but seems a bit weird to cancel it and promote it at the same time.
18 days ago
  • by Destroyo
  • (unregistered id: CDC55F233D)
Yeah, heard there's been turmoil since Mike Lazzo left the network last December. Any chance Comedy Central might pick it up?
18 days ago
  • by Concerned citizen
  • (unregistered id: 822B9EC19E)
Sorry to say it's been confirmed on JP's Twitter.
18 days ago
Adult Swim just posted they're working with Jackson and Doc to find a way to continue it!
18 days ago
Yes, but they said they were trying to find a way to continue the STORY. My guess is that means a comic book. I'd still buy it, but it really isn't what I want. The animation and voice acting elevate the fantastic writing to its highest potential.
18 days ago
Good, I am glad they got what they deserve after the Unicorn fiasco, fucking evil motherfuckers showing some sick shit like that, 'normalizing' what they did.
  • -1
18 days ago
  • by THE hank
  • (unregistered id: 822B9EC19E)
I.....don't think this show was meant for you
18 days ago