LA Weekly Interviews JG Thirlwell

LA Weekly has a quick interview with JG Thirlwell. It's mostly to do with the soundtrack and his work scoring The Venture Bros., though there's bits about some upcoming non- Venture work. It's a quick but worthwhile read.
His work is so cool. And it seems like scoring the Venture Bros. is a lot harder than I thought it would be.
Apr. 10, 2009, 9:31am
  • by the great and powerfull gauze
  • (unregistered id: 4611084D95)
I know this really isn't the place, but I didn't think this marated it's own post. Venture was apparently mentioned in passing, while talking about somethng else, in a strip from the webcomic Octopuspie http://www.octopuspie.com/2009-03-16/270-fruitopia/
If anybody cares to check it out.
Apr. 14, 2009, 9:27pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H"
  • (unregistered id: 091F36F4C8)
That's pretty cool. Still, I swear I've seen Fruitopia in the last few years.
Apr. 15, 2009, 7:15am
  • by Grethiwha
  • (unregistered id: E22C4F2CF3)
Heh, I didn't realise that it wasn't around anymore, I liked it when I was... like... I dunno, 8, and eventually stopped liking it. My cousin and brother drank it for years after I stopped but they eventually stopped as well. I didn't realise they stopped making them, although actually wikipedia says they still do here in Canada. Either way, I don't really care; they were kind of smelly and gross.
Apr. 18, 2009, 3:24am