Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Captain V
  • (unregistered id: 03A96A9F11)
Here we go:

- Only a super run away, Dean? Jonas Sr. is already trying to pull an Ultimate Fucking Run Away... with the entire building.

- The explanation for a back-up BM suit being the XL variant had a pretty awesome backstory.

- Phone book joke is great, makes sense b/c the recently deceased Jonas Jr. would still be listed.

- The morse code joke is fucking genius. Retroactively makes so much more sense and (yet again) deepens the entire series upon rewatching.

- If your name is Jonas Venture... and you build a space station... you die on it.

- Dr. Z had sex with BM... meaning he unknowingly had sex with his own re-creation, Vendata.

- Jonas Sr. may actually be the main antagonist of the entire series, in many, many ways.
More on that later.

- Blue Morpho dies quite a bit, only to be reborn and die again, and again. Arguably, he is one of the most tragic figures in the series.

- Kano killing his former master was genius, now we know who he killed and fell silent afterwards.

- Jonas is very likely Rusty and Malcom's father. However, Malcom's mother could even be Rusty's mother, meaning they are full on brothers. We don't know what Jonas did. He could of just used his sperm to impregnate her. He may have just had sex with her. But... he could've even taken her eggs to make Rusty. Anything is possible.

- Jonas just being a head is fully explained. Of course he got dropped when frozen, so obvious now.

- PROBLEM was evidently built in case someone, mainly Jonas, had an accident while working in space on Gargantua.

- The shrink ray will always return... when you least expect it.

- Team Venture actually had morals. Especially when seeing their old friend rebuilt as a robot. Something Jonas Sr. didn't care for. As Rusty puts it, it's just the Venture way. You don't cry, you rebuild him.

- The quick shot of the Helper army was hilarious.

- Brock's entire life is a lie. Great bit of information and lore. Plus, it's always fun to see Brock taken aback.

- Jonas Sr. quickly mentions putting his brain into BM and then getting the cloning program up and running.

- I wouldn't be shocked if BM's plane crashing wasn't an accident. Jonas could be behind it. I have crazy theories on it.

- Full name reveal: Malcom Fitzcarraldo.

(part one of two)
Aug. 20, 2018, 7:49pm
  • by Captain V
- Venture Bros. always come in sets of three.
Dean / Der. / Hank. | Mal. / Rusty / J.J.

- The Monarch "double" kills both of his fathers.. since they had both died before. Fucking awesome.

- Kano killing BM could be foreshadowing Gary having to make a similar choice with Malcom... eventually. Especially, since they became the NEW BM and Kano temporarily.
History may repeat itself. We'll probably know by season... twelve... in 2031.

- Jonas built Venturion with an EVIL switch. It's just a joke. But really let the implications sink in. Just another clue Jonas Sr. is a villain... or the ultimate dickbag.

- The timeline is nuts. We know it was early October in season six b/c we see the date October 7th later on in the season. But now it's late November. Jackson said it's only been a few days total at SDCC. Only four months since the end of season five.
I'm confused. The boys have to be 19. They celebrated last Halloween at the beginning of season five.

- Speaking of timeline. HOLY FUCK. Their is sooooooo much going on in this one, soo much decade hopping, surely there are holes in the Venture timeline now.

- Dean's little speech to help Hank is a callback to the season five when Hank helped Dean with coming to terms with being a clone.

- Hank probably has ADHD, not just ADD as Dean suggests.

- Shocking Warriana (spelling) or other heroes don't show up when the building rocks around the block.

- Jonas hanging the tape over BM's head to get him to do shit favors is just... pure evil.

- Red Death could've easily saved AM by flying through the window hole. But he was busy at the dinner when AM needed him.

- AM finally has his stroke and of course Orpheus is present for it.

- Odd Billy thought it was a heart attack when AM just screamed "TOAST!" loudly.
The most well-known sign of stroke victims is smelling burnt toast.

- Who actually pulled that lever and killed Jonas Sr. the first time? BM denies it was him, Red Death was one of the other survivors. But I actually think it was Bud Manstrong as a boy or some crazy shit. Like, the paper boy on Gargantua or something.

- This won't be the last of Jonas. That heads got legs.

- The Monarch and Rusty will probably realize they are bros. in the S7 finale.

- Blue bastard! Don't ruin this for me!!!

- The Thanksgiving float accident is a reference to real life events.

- Final beat of the episode is definitely the final beat of season six proper.

Wow. My new favorite episode. Go Team... Shit is Fucked Up.

(part 2 of 2)
Aug. 20, 2018, 8:21pm
Manstrong was the paperboy. Look at the name tag. He also told the boys he had been a paperboy in Careers in Science. And, yes, he is on my list of suspects. Perhaps some other boy was getting a little too friendly with a young Anna and happened to be attending movie night. Wait, it's rated R, but Jonas probably didn't care.
Aug. 20, 2018, 8:51pm
  • by Captain V
Yeah, that's what I meant. I just wrote it really confusing and shitty.
Aug. 20, 2018, 9:11pm
My new crack theory is Manstrong is Scarebear/Murderbear. His "ghost story" in Careers in Science is sociopathic in hindsight. "RIGHT DOCTOR VENTURE? THE NIGHT YOUR DAD DIED??"
Aug. 21, 2018, 12:50am
In the Go Team Venture! book JP mentions Scare Bear had a scene with dialog and a happy ending for him in a previous episode, but they had to cut it, so who knows. I like 'Murder Bear' better, but it's his creation.

I had accidentally stumbled on the source material for the character while browsing the London Times website and now JP confirmed it in the book that it was indeed the source.
http://www.artnet.com/artists/mark-wallinger/sleeper-pvnaFFBhsFpFFm4whZMhmA2

Anyway, he was in the trailer so we'll be seeing him soon!
Aug. 21, 2018, 5:46pm
'Great book'

In a 21 voice...
Aug. 21, 2018, 5:51pm
The timeline is indeed nuts. I'm doing my damndest to make it all jive, but the damned crash of the TVC-15 is throwing everything off.
Aug. 20, 2018, 9:48pm
As I have it figured, season 1 takes place in 2007, seasons 2-4 in 2008, season five begins at the end of 2008, and seasons 6 and 7 (so far) go through November 2009.
Aug. 20, 2018, 10:24pm
  • by ChebGhobbi
  • (unregistered id: 4E218683EB)
The timeline is fluid - Cleansuit takes place after Game of Thrones started to air but only a couple of years after the most recent clones were activated (as they are still under 18). However, the boys' last death took place around the time Wonderboy III died, which was in the early 2010s if memory serves (as there's a date on the memorial in Handsome Ransom - I think he lived from 1996 to 2012 but that could be wrong). Also Action Man's stroke puts the latest episode just over two years after Past Tense.

Basically, the entire stretch of the show takes place in the space of about three years at most, but every season is also set in the year it airs. The timeline for the flashbacks doesn't appear to have moved.
Aug. 21, 2018, 6:46am
All right, I present the rough draft of my reworked Venture Timeline!! I seem to have to rework it every season...

http://imgur.com/gallery/78osyCM
Aug. 21, 2018, 9:03am
The DOD for Jonas should be 87 not 86. And not sure if Rusty would have had Hank and Dean in 87..
Aug. 21, 2018, 6:10pm
It would have had to have been while Rusty was still in college (Past Tense). 86 is as generous as I can make it.

And Hank and Dean were definitely alive during g the Pyramid Wars of 87 (The Invisible Hand of Fate).
Aug. 21, 2018, 7:09pm
The date was on the screen of BM's terminator vision. Arrears in Science - 3:26. The date in the top right corner reads 04/09/1987.
Aug. 23, 2018, 6:11pm
I thought that a lot of the story was a private electronic communications between BM and Jonas. So I'm not sure how much of any of the revelations we saw was shared by the people trapped in the building.
Aug. 20, 2018, 9:57pm
  • by Bogus
  • (unregistered id: 08F11B5A62)
good/evil switch was added by dr. z

when he first "opens" venturion's head, the switch is not there
Aug. 21, 2018, 4:34am
  • by gnormie
  • (unregistered id: 1E1A5F5AB5)
I know this is really perverted but I think Bud Manstrong's masturbation affliction from season 2's "Guess Who's Coming To State Dinner" is the reason everyone on Gargantua 1 was jettisoned into space.

Nothing on this show is a throw away joke (I'm half kidding)
Aug. 21, 2018, 10:36am
I thought of Manstrong pulling the lever as well. Maybe he stumbled upon that video Vendata had of Jonas & BM and had another dissociative episode like he had when Gargantua 1 crashed. Might not even remember doing it.

Follow-up: How did Vendata get that compromising video in the first place? Its not visible in the dumpster where Dr. Z found him. Maybe someone else had a bigger plan in motion...
Aug. 21, 2018, 11:39pm
  • by Frank9
  • (unregistered id: 9B14D6CF4B)
He made the original recording. (Tanks For Nuthin) Jonas probably had a copy.
Aug. 23, 2018, 3:32pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Julifpo unlocked One Year Later Apr. 24, 2024, 6:30pm
  • Julivvh unlocked One Year Later Apr. 24, 2024, 10:32am
  • Julieod unlocked One Year Later Apr. 24, 2024, 5:43am
  • Juliimc unlocked One Year Later Apr. 24, 2024, 4:18am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites