Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Captain V
  • (unregistered id: 03A96A9F11)
Final Notes:

The number 4 repeating can foreshadow death. And Copycat's apartment number... 44-44. In Japanese culture the number four sounds similar to death, allegedly where this all originates from. Or just new age internet culture in general.
Anyway, Copycat and everyone on the team besides Monarch and Dot Com appears to die, (at least gravely injured) and the heist was in fact planned in apartment 44-44.

The Illuminati silhouettes and voices are all just taken from Doc's subconscious mind. Likely, the second Brock and Hunter leave the advanced VR simulation begins.

According to the simulation Doctor Venture's most desired woman appears to be Dr. Mrs. the Monarch.

Gary is a nerd and has on a 20 sided die (dodecahedron) t-shirt.
Gary Fischer = Gary Gaygax, the co-creator of Dungeons & Dragons.

The Monarch lands on the very bed he was talking about earlier.

Apple experiment #6 is the one that actually worked.

Snow seems to only appear at The Monarch's in NJ and not anywhere in NYC in this episode. Although, a big chunk of the episode was a simulation.. so I'll let it pass.
But man, they are really building up to the big snowstorm episode. You can tell.
May even be the season finale.

The main trailer and especially the SDCC exclusive trailer apparently contained scenes from the final three episodes, as we haven't seen bloody penthouse Brock yet or Scare Bear, on and on like that.

Copcat's (Copy Cat's?) real plan is in fact entirely foreshadowed by the Monarch.

Hunter once again has a secret base on Venture compound, well, VenTech Tower technically.

Couldn't Hunter have just "washed" Rusty's brain clean with the "washing machine"?
I thought OSI had the too. I know Sphinx got blown up. I just meant wouldn't the OSI have one. Didn't Sphinx steal it from the OSI in the first place?

Are White and Billy liabilities? Since they clearly did most/some of the work on the teleporter?

The teleporter was probably something Jonas Jr. started and put away, and Rusty and crew picked it back up and finished it.

With only three episodes left... the teleporter pads could play a big role in the finale.
Particularly, with regards towards The Monarch getting everything he wants.

The upcoming "The Terminus Mandate" is about a black widower. Get it? Terminus Man Date.

This episode rocks and the heist stuff makes me laugh every single rewatch, especially towards the end when everything goes off and gets insane.

The Monarch survives astonishing accidents and both 21 survive a car crash relatively unscathed. Go Team Invincible Plot Armor!

I hope Mark Hamil returns in season 8. He's damn good and I'm not even a Star Wars fan.

The Monarch drops breaks his cool phone with the phone case I want in real life.

Ramburglar is the most brilliantly / most ridiculously named character this season.

The Monarch clearly dislikes him now, but it's great that he still thinks his apartment and style are cool. Good writing and characterization.

I love every episode where Pirate Captain appears, even if only briefly.

Since Brock keeps Tiny Eagle's carcass in his pocket... I'm guessing he's totally dead.

I want the Monarch's finished kitchen. Gorgeous! Maybe not in blue... but more or less.

The giant hand holding the world in front of Tophet Tower finally comes into play. This is of course a real world reference. What's interesting? The Hand literally delivers the Monarch the teleporter at the last second. Thus, granting him all the power in the world.
I.E. he's got the world by the balls now, errmmm, ball now.

Manolo appears briefly in the Monarch Cave / Basement but does not speak.

"Looking at me like a Johnny-stupid." - The Monarch
I've honestly never heard that one liner before.

Rated for broadcast TV-MA LS.

The eye patch strap on the back of Billy's head briefly disappears. He also wearing goggles. So, I see why it happened.

Boh Pirate Captain and Billy have similar eye patches. Counting Moltov and others.. this is a show full of eye patch people. It's just that kind of universe. Cigarette holders and eye patches.

This entire episode is Poetry in Motion.

Not only is "game-changer" said several times, so is the word unicorn.

Dot Com's real name is probably Dorothy or just Dot. Could be an accidental "The Tick" reference. Jackson wrote for every single iteration of "Tick" ever made. Even when it was a comicbook, he wrote some early issues. And Ben Edlund of course did help write a few early V Bros. episodes as well.

When the chair unlocks, Venture is still likely in the simulation, or they just put in back in, b/c the next shot he has a blindfold on. Meaning the VR simulation has definitely started.

I wonder who previously spray painted the big red X on the subway wall that Tunnel Vision drills into upon arrival? CC duplicate?

The Owl, often representing wisdom, an item associated with The Illuminati and other secret societies, appears in the episode. The fountain has an Owl atop it fr example.

Abort!! Abort!!! You're being set up!!! You're decoys!!!!

Dr. Venture laying down in his underwear, awaiting sex, is very similar to a poster from VB6.

Ramburglar's nickname is... Rambo... of course.

Sgt. Sloppy falls in the pool mid chase. Thus, he lived up to his new nickname.

Again, Driver X = Racer X.

Damn good traditional animation in this whole episode, but great CG animation too.

I love how 21 and The Monarch greet eachother nonchalantly after crashing.

Anyway, the most disturbing shot of the episode is the final beat. Dr. V hooked up to a sex machine... *shudders* two times.

And lastly; Night Dick finally returns next week.

(Part 2 of 2)
Sep. 17, 2018, 2:26am
  • by Aaaanon
  • (unregistered id: 7C3006FBD9)
The Poetry in Motion reference??? The Thomas Dolby song?
Sep. 17, 2018, 2:43pm
  • by Aaaanon
  • (unregistered id: 7C3006FBD9)
Of course Dr. the Mrs. is Rusty's #1 fantasy... She's the longest female relationship he has going, such as it is.

I liked that upon hitting it big ($$-wise) Rusty's thoughts go to retiring to Spanakopita! (exclamation point required)
Sep. 17, 2018, 2:47pm
Snow easily can happen in NJ and not NYC
Sep. 17, 2018, 5:42pm
I did like the caper plot. The orgy thing was what set me off.
Drive X must have been one of Copy Cat's clones because just as Monarch warned that the team was a decoy Driver X's uniform collapsed, as if the body had been recovered.

Your comments about the number 4 in Japanese culture and Copy Cat's room number (44-44} was really interesting.

And speaking of Japanese anima / Manga -- there are a lot of one-eyed people in action-adventure stories. It's you can't be a bad ass without losing an eye.
Sep. 17, 2018, 5:57pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Jaowela unlocked One Year Later Mar. 27, 2024, 1:40pm
  • Antoniohkl unlocked One Year Later Mar. 23, 2024, 11:49pm
  • Antoniogux unlocked One Year Later Mar. 23, 2024, 7:14pm
  • Antonioonk unlocked One Year Later Mar. 23, 2024, 10:53am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites