Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by notgoofingaround
  • (unregistered id: B86433356E)
Do you guy's think Malcolm and Rusty are older version of clones made by Jonas?
Sep. 15, 2018, 1:38pm
  • by notgoofingaround
  • (unregistered id: B86433356E)
Rusty is always taking over his dad's projects and slapping his name on them....
Sep. 15, 2018, 1:39pm
In the scene with Venturion chocking Rusty, for me Rusty looks like he's not in his teens but according to the VB time line he should be, so long answer, yes...
Sep. 15, 2018, 1:41pm
I think Jonas's cloning system is definitely at play with at least Rusty and possibly Malcolm. In what way and to what extent is still a big question mark. The fact that the learning beds are required to update memories of the boys into the clones (using the ancient computers seen in Powerless in the Face of Death), the learning bed was used by Rusty his entire childhood, Rusty is mentioned as a clone by H.E.L.P.eR. 2.0, etc. makes it 100% confirmed concerning Rusty. But, like the boys, I believe Rusty to be a clone of himself (with some genetic engineering thrown in), not of Jonas or someone else.
Sep. 15, 2018, 5:03pm
I just realized something watching Arrears in Science again which may have already been covered but....when Venturion sees Rusty and Malcolm at play in 1977 and starts choking Rusty, he flashes BACK to the plane crash which orphaned Malcolm/The Monarch in 1976. Which means the Malcolm playing with Rusty is definitely a clone and would explain why the Monarch has no recollection of ever playing with Rusty when he sees the photograph.
Sep. 15, 2018, 6:17pm
Actually I just double checked the Monarch's photograph and while they are wearing the same clothes in 1977 as in the photo, the photo has what I am assuming are the Monarch's parents laughing with Jonas so it must be from the previous year. The fact the Monarch doesn't remember it is still suspicious though.
Sep. 15, 2018, 10:59pm
I think the only unanswered question is whether Rusty and Monarch are both clones of Jonas or whether the Monarch is the natural son of Jonas and Rusty is a clone of the Monarch.

I favor the former. Jonas, we gather has had sex with lots of woman, You would expect in that situation that he would have had lot of illegitimate children. Lots of super-geniuses. Unless the enture Guild is Jonas's extended family it looks like Jonas was shooting blanks. So the only way Jonas could guarantee Blue Morpho a child is if he cloned himself. And remember Ben examined Dean for two features, a tendency for one fetus to eat another fetus, and weird hair growth around the eyes. This last indicates that Ben and hence Jonas, know about these side effects from experience. And that indicates that Rusty and Monarch were both clones.
Sep. 16, 2018, 4:55pm
  • by The Blue Morpho
It’s implied that Tara Quymn is Jonas’s illegitimate daughter.
Sep. 17, 2018, 6:07pm
  • by Captain V
  • (unregistered id: 03A96A9F11)
It's definitely implied that Rusty almost fucked his own half-sister.

Plus, they look so much alike it seems obvious. But we don't really know for sure.

Jonas was all about being a biological father to other peoples kids.

Isn't that right.... Blue Morpho?!?!?!?? Dun Dun Duuunnnnn!!! If it really is you!
Sep. 18, 2018, 12:22am
  • by EJ
  • (unregistered id: 73F36BDC4C)
I think the Monarch is Jonas' natural son and Doc is a clone of Jonas. Assume that Jonas went through a few Rusty clones (which would make sense of the timeline that gets jacked up as the show gets more compressed but they still incorporate real world events). In every other iteration, the JJ fetus consumed Doc and was born as a Jonas clone. But something went wrong once, and they got a dud Rusty. That's why Doc doesn't look much like Jonas - the genetic material that became him was just there for the good clone to feed off of.
Sep. 20, 2018, 8:07pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Eldaresr unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 3:58am
  • Eldarlst unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 12:16am
  • Leonzzj unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 3:45pm
  • Leonkew unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 10:01am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites