Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

A great episode that felt like other classic "a bunch of weirdos get together on the venture compound for stuff" episodes like "Tag Sale, YOu're It!" and "The Buddy System". All three stories felt great and 2/3 have huge unexpected consequences down the line.
And both seem intresting. Rusty possibly being a clone is a great plotline and explains a lot, as one of the commenters here showed, and I look forward to seeing the Peril Partnership and an actual fully functioning rival to the guild. How do they work? While why their striking now is pretty damn obvious, a few months ago in-universe the guild had a massive upturn and just went through a crisis where they lost 15 to 20 members and had two hospitalised, how they function and if any of them are familar faces should be fun to sort out.
It was also nice to get a reunion between Hank and Dermott even if Rusty is bribing his son to keep quiet for now, it was still nice to see Dermott, like his brothers, is trying to make something of his life and his new role means we'll hopefully see him again in the future, especially since Hank and him play off each other well, as well as how it subtly shows how hank has changed. While he's always been willing to take the piss out of Dermott, here he not only does so well but actually solves the conflict and gets him promoted. He also has the biggest laugh of the episode with his fucking bizzare fantasy sequence involving pete's dragon, dwarves, and his girlfriend in an american flag dress for some reason, proving that while hank may be growing up he's still Hank.

As a quick aside I did love the whole romance subplot even if it ended sadly and on a wham note as well as the runner about pee on the belts.

WHile I talked abotu the clone side of things a bit, I did love dean's plot, bonding with helper 2, played by the wonderful rhys darby, as we learned ben just sorta fucked off to new zeland but left behind a new friend. And while Dean's new buddy sadly is too afraid of dying to leave, they do leave with Dean promissing to watch skins and Dean, despite his hangups, coming to realize just why his dad's so crewed up.

Finally we have the confrence the entire episode was built around which was just comic gold. Shore Leave's introductions were fucking gold, and I missed the character terribly for most of season 6 and was glad to have him back. Shiela's line about rusty to dean was also the most accurate thing that's been said about the character so far. And Rusty actually gets a moment of triumph, berating the council for acting like squabbling kids and outdoing his dad for once in his life. It was a feel good moment and James Urbaniak really sold the hell out of the moment. There was just too much hilarious about this subplot to get into.

Overall this was an amazing ep, and having finally caught up on the series, this season is proving to be a step up: taking the serilization and underarching plots (Setting up one with the guild and having Dean possibly rush at his dad and grandad's old fraternity in a future ep), but scaling it back, while touching on things they kinda left unreslolved like ben and dermott (even if they still haven't fully dove into Rusty being his dad, they have at least one more season for that and given this show we may never get an answer.)
Aug. 31, 2018, 11:04pm
  • by Captain V
  • (unregistered id: 03A96A9F11)
I concur completely, great comments Mogo.
Sep. 1, 2018, 2:23am
  • by Aaaanon
  • (unregistered id: 7C3006FBD9)
Conference was funny. Dunno about comic gold, but definitely funny. It seemed to me that for the first 3 of this season the (very interesting) story line considerations crowded out the humor. My comic gold: Brock trying to escape his duties when Rusty was in the hospital In "High Cost..." by reaching over and clicking the hell out of Rusty's meds infusion pump.
Sep. 5, 2018, 9:04pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Evaxke unlocked One Year Later Mar. 28, 2024, 9:12am
  • Evazul unlocked One Year Later Mar. 28, 2024, 6:42am
  • Evagsv unlocked One Year Later Mar. 28, 2024, 5:13am
  • Evaxiv unlocked One Year Later Mar. 28, 2024, 2:51am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites