Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by ChebGhobbi
  • (unregistered id: E838B53DF3)
I actually didn't enjoy this episode as much as the last two, but my only reason for that is that it contained very few surprises. Pretty much everything we learned this episode we'd already figured out quite a while back. That said, I still loved it. The one thing that really shocked me was that Jonas was blackmailing BM...just when I thought he couldn't sink much lower, the guy goes and surprises me again.

Kudos to Jackson and Doc for sticking to their guns and not changing the Vendata reveal just to throw those of us who'd figured it out, though. George R R Martin makes a point of not changing the plans he's painstakingly foreshadowed just to shock his readers and I was worried, based on some things I'd read, that JP and DH were going to do the same regarding Vendata. As a result this episode didn't surprise me the way I would have loved it to have done but I think from an overall narrative sense they made the right decision.

Some thoughts:

1. Vendata sincerely believed the Movie Night Massacre wasn't his doing and I believe him. It looked in the diner like he planned it to get revenge on Jonas...but remember at that point he had no memory of his former existences.

2. Looks like the only Guild survivors of that mission were Red Death (because he kept his helmet on), Hate-Bit and Vendata (presumably because vacuum can't harm them) as they were the only people being given a reprieve by The Sovereign.

3. We still need to learn what caused the crash that killed BM and his wife and orphaned the Monarch. We also know nothing about young Malcolm's relationship with young Rusty (apart from 'you were never there for me'), or why Rusty doesn't seem to remember it.
Aug. 20, 2018, 6:10pm
  • by ChebGhobbi
Jonas seemed oddly unfazed by Vendata's plan to expose him. I wondee if that's because the massacre was somehow actually his own doing but it backfired, leading to Jonas's 'death'?

And was the cowboy in PROBLEM a continuity error?Rusty found it melted around the circuitry, whereas it fell out onto the floor in the flashback.
Aug. 20, 2018, 6:14pm
  • by ChebGhobbi
Oh, and what the heck was going on with that flashback to an overweight, blemished Morpho buying a suit from Enzo?
Aug. 20, 2018, 6:36pm
Blue Morpho was experiencing an anaphylactic reaction to the bee-themed villain, thus the anaphylaxis variant of the suit.

No continuity error, as the flashback to the toy here precedes Rusty's discovery of it melted.
Aug. 20, 2018, 7:36pm
  • by ChebGhobbi
  • (unregistered id: 022114B4C6)
But it ended the flashback on the floor, whereas Rusty found it amongst the wiring back in episode 2.
Aug. 20, 2018, 8:03pm
Things on floors get kicked around.
Aug. 21, 2018, 9:44am
  • by ChebGhobbi
Of course, I saw the XL size on the door but failed to put two and two together.
Aug. 20, 2018, 8:10pm
  • by ChebGhobbi
Suit, not door. Damn predictive phone.
Aug. 20, 2018, 8:11pm
Rusty may have lost more than one cowboy.
Aug. 20, 2018, 8:40pm
This was my assumption. Rusty was on site of the build for many hours, the likelihood he lost many toys is high.
Aug. 20, 2018, 10:23pm
Watch the beginning of Careers in Science again, Rusty had two cowboys
Aug. 21, 2018, 10:56pm
  • by gnormie
  • (unregistered id: 1E1A5F5AB5)
I think in Careers in science we see Rusty playing with two cowboy toys. One with a white shirt and a gun. The other with a brown shirt and a lasso.

The one with the brown shirt melted on Gargantua 1 and wasn't in the PROBLEM unit. The other one with the white shirt is the one that fell out of the problem unit that Team Venture tripped on.

Now that's continuity!
Aug. 21, 2018, 10:31am
Wasn't there an episode where some password was "Rusty is a cowboy"?
Aug. 23, 2018, 6:06pm
Buddy System or Tears of a Seacow, S3 for sure..
Aug. 23, 2018, 6:22pm
Yes! Dean trying to deactivate H.E.L.P.eR.'s audio in Tears of a Sea Cow.
Aug. 24, 2018, 9:03pm
  • by Crimson Avenger
  • (unregistered id: 1427C0E016)
The 2 beds that Hank and Dean slept in were beds Rusty And Malcolm slept in. Both Rusty and Monarch are clones.Ergo the memory losses. Malcolm died in plane crash and Jonas had clone slugs so crank-up the oven and viola no memory: Malcolm is Jonas's son as well.Probably an entire collection of scopitones with Malcolm's name for the learning beds, Interested to find out how many times Jonas cloned those 2 of his kids. Surely he must have many others. Triple threat is Billy's mom fathered by Jonas most likely. It is called Venture Brothers so I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of the characters are Ventures. The Monarch upbringing was most likely Learning bed implants to create a Blue Morpho pal for Rusty. 1 good(sorta) 1 bad (sorta).
I love that every thing Armstrong told Hank and Dean on Gargantua was true, just awkwardly vocalized by old Flash in the pan Rogers.
Apr. 14, 2019, 1:29pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Jaowela unlocked One Year Later Mar. 27, 2024, 1:40pm
  • Antoniohkl unlocked One Year Later Mar. 23, 2024, 11:49pm
  • Antoniogux unlocked One Year Later Mar. 23, 2024, 7:14pm
  • Antonioonk unlocked One Year Later Mar. 23, 2024, 10:53am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites