Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by The Mysterious 'H'
Another quality episode. Some of the Rocko and Wale stuff worked, some of it didn't. I'm still suspicious of Dr. Dugong's return. Seems a bit too easy- maybe a shapeshifter? Got 2 or 3 of those and none of them had definitive corpses. Whatever- nice to see Red Death again. Clancy Brown always brings his A game.
Aug. 13, 2018, 1:31am
Well starfish DNA does allow regenerating so Dr. Dugong might be the one true Dr. Dugong....I'm more interested in knowing why Wide Wale is such a bastard of a brother, that he didn't tell Sirena that she had an uncle until Dr. Dugong just showed up.
Aug. 13, 2018, 6:43am
He grew his head back! Un-effing-incredible. He even grew backk his memories! Jackson and Doc used to play a lot more fairly. When Rusty was cloning the boys the clones never had their memories until those memories were down-loaded into them. They may as well have said the Monarch missed when he shot Dr. Dugong at point-blank range.
Aug. 13, 2018, 1:18pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
That was my thought as well. Then again, they only showed the gun warming up and not the firing, so he very well may have missed.
Aug. 13, 2018, 2:16pm
I concur. We don't know how serious his head injury was. It's conceivable that it was serious enough to pronounce him dead at the scene without further inspection, but not serious enough that super-science-fueled regeneration couldn't repair. I presume soon after he was found to be alive (or rather not yet dead) by OSI he was given all the medical care (and biological nutrients via feeding tube) to allow his body to repair itself over the next year plus.
Aug. 13, 2018, 8:58pm
Yeah, I'm not sure why we need to worry about real-world physics and biology given everything that goes on in the show. Magic is real, super-science is real, and Dr. Dugong is part starfish and that's all fine, but he can't regain his memories?

I mean Billy Whalen's and Think Tank's heads are completely biologically impossible, we met Rusty's actual literal ID, one of the Palaemon interns was turned into some kind of spectre, all those resurrected zombies, The Master, blackulas, etc.Not sure why you're suddenly looking for a logically sound explanation.
Aug. 13, 2018, 9:10pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
It's the Rusty Venture in all of us, I suppose.
Aug. 14, 2018, 2:06am
I think the reason I found the explanation of Dr. Dugong's survival so far-fetched it resembled an explanation put forwarded for a Thelma and Louise sequel. How could they survive driving into the Grand Canyon? --- They bounced. It was just nonsense. Malcom couldn't have missed because Dr. Girlfriend acted as if the Monarch had killed Dugong. This was a big, illogical gimmee to get he Mponarch off the hook they had put him on last season. I see it as the kind of massive cheat Doc and Jackson has never done before.
Aug. 15, 2018, 1:47am
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
You know, the more I think about it, the more I move towards the whole miss thing. Sheila's lied to him before to spare his feelings so maybe he was in such a rage that he thought he had killed him and those other arches but she actually covered it up. She had Dugong make up that story on the way there to explain how he survived.
Aug. 15, 2018, 2:37pm
I mean, she did know to go get the records to track him down, so her lying to the monarch wouldn't be a stretch.
Aug. 16, 2018, 6:39pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
It seemed to me that he was ashamed of how he treated Doug, so he didn't want to have to tell Sirena the story and make her think less of her dear old dad.
Aug. 13, 2018, 2:20pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Leonrdq unlocked One Year Later Apr. 15, 2024, 12:55am
  • Leonlkw unlocked One Year Later Apr. 14, 2024, 8:48am
  • Serztbp unlocked One Year Later Apr. 13, 2024, 6:57pm
  • Serzgmd unlocked One Year Later Apr. 13, 2024, 3:49pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites