Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

I'm on my sixth view, some notes:

Colonel Gentleman says: Rusty, that's your pop-pop.
Which has before been used to mean grandpa (when he talks to Hank and Dean) so is Rusty really his son? or an early Hank/Dean prototype?

When Dr.V.Sr. talks it sounds like he did in Careers in Science. Were Rusty's hallucinations after he hit his head actually telepathic conversations with his dad trapped in the Progressive Biological Life Extension Module?

H.E.L.P.eR. once again at the center of the Phantom Spaceman although they didn't reference PS this time. And spewing rats!

Obvious Indiana Jones reference at the begining. (I think? been awhile since I saw it, could definitely be another movie, goggle is very unhelpful at the moment anyone know what the opening reference is? The Mummy? Stargate? That one Futurama episode?). Just glad we get to see Swifty and JJ and Hector again. (I used to be pretty)

The Careers in Science throwbacks were great. Sharky's Machine! Thaddeus gets the Rusty Venture show over and over. Even Brock seems to break (HELPeR bringing him more coffee in the morning is awesome).

Did we know how Sirena was spelled before? Or is it misspelled here?

When Pete White talks about different programing languages, almost everything shown on-screen is COBOL (I think, sixth look indicates ASM and other stuff too) which he doesn't mention. "A digital patois".

"What about that Blue Morpho character?", Billy: "I think we can rule him out" --- Billy still thinks Rusty is the BM.

Professor Pete's Patented Pink Pilgrim Cyber-Snooper, We'll root him out and shut him down.

Vincenzo's is a great scene, but the red shirt and pizza delivery? Is this a Futurama homage?
Aug. 6, 2018, 9:47pm
The Pascal reference might cover the stuff that looks like COBOL as I only got a quick look. Time to start taking screenshots.
Aug. 6, 2018, 9:51pm
That Uber driver backs up out of the building at the end, but he's in the drivers seat which means he was the one to make the crazy smash through the wall entrance with original Team Venture.

License plate on car with Al and Jefferson and Byron (who is astral projecting to Dean at the moment)

Illinois Land of Lincoln
BLD VSSL
(Red registration sticker with no text or numbers)

So: Blood Vessel as in the blood vessels in a human body (vampire reference) and also vessel like a car or boat or whatever, transport/conveyance

Clara-tin discussion? someone with more knowledge should explain this.

How did Wide Whale get the Blue Morpho/Monarch? is this some decoy Hank master-plan?

Dr. Venture still hates the Magic explanation, like Escape From the House of Mummies, Part II.

Home is possessed. Like Dr. V was in Assisted Suicide.

Hank's pizza is a Trojan Horse, see: later they eat it and are shown collapsed on the group. I think he put a roofie in the pizza.
Aug. 6, 2018, 10:12pm
Question about O.R.B.
So, when Brock is asking his car about Orders Regarding Bodyguard (aka ORB aka Operation Rusty's Blanket) he asks about the termination clause and then gives his ID number Two Delta Nine Romeo Tango Eight, then the car tries to kill him "Agent. Samson. Brock. Terminated." Did he put out the hit on himself?
Aug. 6, 2018, 10:53pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
It seemed that way, though the popular opinion is that Mol messed with his car during Assassinanny 911 to get him to take out her rival mercenaries.
Aug. 7, 2018, 2:05am
Claritin-D, like a lot of "daytime" drugs, has pseudoephedrine in it as a "wakefullness-promoting agent" to counteract the drowsiness caused by the active ingredient. A lot of people find the effect uncomfortable, jittery or even paranoid. Jefferson succinctly says he gets the Jimjams.

Notably, Jefferson also had the Heebee-Jeebee's in "What Goes Down Must Come Up", though that was an unrelated result of being skylarked into a mares nest.
Aug. 7, 2018, 1:58am
Wide Wale getting Blue Morpho will be addressed in the next episode. Don't want to spoil it but you will get an answer!
Aug. 7, 2018, 7:04am
  • by Destroyo
  • (unregistered id: CDC55F233D)
The opening scene is a ref to The Exorcist - that's the statue of Pazuzu.
Aug. 6, 2018, 10:09pm
  • by ChebGhobbi
  • (unregistered id: 9586715BEB)
That's always been the spelling of Sirena. I assume it's a reference to the Sirens.
Aug. 7, 2018, 7:57am
Also, Sirenia is a scientific name for sea cows, including manatees and dugongs. Supposedly comes from sailors mistaking them for mermaids, so it all goes back to the same place. The Ong brothers do love their marine biology.

I kept thinking that Sirena could breath water, but she must just be able to hold her breath for a long time like all the other "gentle aquatic mammals".

Here's a pitch: Dolphins and such can hold their breath for so long in part because they're brain and other organs can enter a sort of low oxygen mode, kinda like low power mode on your phone. Now in "It Happening One Night" Sirena held Hank underwater with a kiss, and we figured she was breathing for him, like mermaids do in a bunch of other movies. Maybe she hypnotized him into a relaxed state so he could stay under for longer. It would go with the whole siren thing, and an attractive lady that hynotizes people is classic cartoon and comic stuff. She could call herself Sirenia and have some sort of sexy sea cow outfit.

"That's classic comic stuff! You're like captain- you're all... Aquaman!"
Aug. 7, 2018, 12:35pm
Hey, if you don't mid my asking, are you also 'That Denver Guy' from the let's play videos on YouTube and you've on occasion teamed up with Dangerously Funny to play Stardew Valley? Just wondering.
Aug. 7, 2018, 3:22pm
Nope, just a guy in Denver. Globeville, to be specific.
Aug. 8, 2018, 12:34am
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
I don't know if you can make sea cows sexy. I'd support a mermaid style outfit with hypnotic themes (concentric circles, flashing colors, etc.).
Aug. 7, 2018, 5:02pm
Last season cleared showed Sirena with gills (though I could be wrong) but I do recall her saying she had to immerse herself in water a couple times a day.
Aug. 9, 2018, 11:01pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Evaxke unlocked One Year Later Mar. 28, 2024, 9:12am
  • Evazul unlocked One Year Later Mar. 28, 2024, 6:42am
  • Evagsv unlocked One Year Later Mar. 28, 2024, 5:13am
  • Evaxiv unlocked One Year Later Mar. 28, 2024, 2:51am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites