Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Captain V
  • (unregistered id: BD4F09BE4B)
Bonus Final Observations:

- This episode has the production number 610, meaning it was produced last.

- 21's kidnapping strategy is definitely based on real serial killers like Bundy as mentioned, and the movies already mentioned. It is also a reference to the film "The Vanishing" with Jeff Bridges, which is based on real killers. Bridges' character wears an arm cast, lures a woman to his car and knocks her out with ether. Then he drives to the woods and buries her alive. This mirrors 21's actions perfectly.

- Wide Wale blows smoke out of his blowhole at the end.

- Despite all my criticism... this episode has definitely grown on me.

- 21 comments on how awesome certain characters names are this season. Specifically, Nighthorse Camel and Harangutang. This only occurs in Hammer written episodes. I.E. Doc Hammer is literally congratulating himself on the clever names he wrote into the show as a character he voices.

- This was the first episode this season that Kate McKinnion, Patrick, and Mike did not lend their voices to, as their characters are seen but do not speak.

- Jackson and Doc wanted this to be the final episode of season six but due to continuity it did not lend itself to being aired last.

- "Red Means Stop" is the final episode for the season and is production episode 607. It will serve as a finale but is actually a penultimate. Season five all over again.

- 21 is seen wearing his t-shirt from the last episode of season five. This shirt was available to fans through the season five shirt club.

- Rusty's voice gets crazy high-pitched while he begins to wax poetic about Lambert's life and sexual conquests.

- 21 and the Monarch internationally use the eclipse to time everything within their plan easily and perfectly. Hence why the selfie and the call had to be during the eclipse.

- What would the Monarch have done if Dr. Mrs. had actually killed Venture? Would he have found out and gone totally fucking nuts it was by her hand and not his own?

- Dr. Assface does indeed have ads in the subway car the Monarch is riding in. Also, an ad for a shoe is briefly seen that reads: Eat Dust. Generic coffee, water, headphones, marathons, wifi zones, and recycling ads can also be seen in the subway cars.

- The paper the older man is reading in the subway is about someone being dead at 45 on the front. And a younger man is reading a magazine that looks like the same one the Monarch later holds.

- It'd probably be pretty easy to fall out of the Blue Morpho Mobile if your not wearing a seatbelt while flying.

- Is this the first time the Monarch pulls out a handgun just to intimidate someone? I think so, maybe. This could be an allusion to Bond villains and films.

- The Monarch is seen reading Pleeb magazine. Dark Matters is on the cover. Cover tagline: They're all gonna laugh at you, so have the last laugh. Presumably this is a scientist tragically made-up of dark matter after an accident occurred. Hmm, possibly a season seven character? Also, the tagline font is so small... only insane fans would ever notice it. Yas, I'm insane.

- Instant karma gets Billy in this episode, he's collapsing and puking in no time from the copious amounts of rum,

- Dr. Buttbutt was voiced by Paul Tompkins, he is also the voice of the Blue Morpho. So, it almost sounded like the Monarch had his father tied up while he tortured Dr. Bootydooty.

- Presumably, Dr. Mrs. takes the shot b/c she is basically #1 on the council... even though they are intended to be equals.

- I like to pretend Helper has been staring at that light all season long. It explains his absence later in the season. It's basically the exact same red PROBLEM light from episode three of season one. Well, episode three if you count the pilot. And I do.

- Speaking of absence... I'm really missing all the old characters who got cut in the new season.

- White holds Billy's tie while he vomits into the toilet.

- Dean is reading a book titled; "The Gay Science" at the very end of the episode. The shot is fast and the cover is upside down... but that's definitely what it reads.

- Brock is yet again seen enjoying being tied up. Brock certainly became kinky this season. He loves being pegged and tied up now. He and Warriana probably engage in seriously sadomasochistic sex acts off screen.

- The Monarch's final line of dialogue certainly feels like it was intended to be the closing line of the season.

That's it. Stay true, stay blue... morpho, my fellow Venturoos
Mar. 18, 2016, 4:45pm
By "insane fans", you just mean "all Venture Bros fans", right? One of the great parts of this show is scouring it for minutiae. Father is in the details. I read the Pleeb cover, too, and am equally looking forward to Mr. Last Laugh. He better come into play.
Mar. 18, 2016, 5:32pm
  • by Rew
  • (unregistered id: 83864318C8)
The Gay Science is by... Nietzsche. It was Friedrich Nietzsche. How do they not know that?
Mar. 19, 2016, 10:48am
  • by Captain V
  • (unregistered id: BD4F09BE4B)
Ha, of course!

God might be dead... but knowledge is not.
Mar. 19, 2016, 11:57am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Julibql unlocked One Year Later Apr. 23, 2024, 10:57am
  • Veronakyd unlocked One Year Later Apr. 22, 2024, 8:02pm
  • Veronagis unlocked One Year Later Apr. 22, 2024, 9:31am
  • Veronadvg unlocked One Year Later Apr. 22, 2024, 6:49am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites