Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by captain midnite
So, I can't watch VB live cause it comes on too late. I watch it in the a.m. when I'm just waking up. I'm barely awake, and I'm watching "Tarzan." Here's what my semi-conscious mind came up with: Dr. Z says his interaction with Billy Jean/Morpho makes no sense cause all the things he did to her. All I can think about is the South Park episode where they are trying to figure out who Cartman's father is. It is revealed that Mrs. Cartman is a hermaphrodite, having both sexual organs. Could it be that the Monarch's dad is...no, I need more sleep...
Mar. 17, 2016, 1:19am
  • by Captain V
  • (unregistered id: BD4F09BE4B)
I find that very interesting b/c the ratings reflect that [AS] should've been airing this season at least thirty minutes ahead in the 11:30 slot and the season probably would've never dipped below one million viewers.

Look at the most recent ratings data from "Tarzan":

12:00 a.m. premiere rating - 0.913 million

4:30 a.m. encore rating - 0.845 million

That's kinda fucking crazy to me! T.V. ratings data is almost pointless in 2016 b/c of the rise of other formats and DVRs/Netflix teaching people to marathon shows on their own time. But still, that's pretty damn interesting they could premiere the new episodes at 3:30 a.m. (my timezone) and get basically the same ratings.

Clearly, the new episodes should be debuting earlier.
Mar. 17, 2016, 6:02am
  • by LL
  • (unregistered id: 585B3BD57B)
God, truer words were never spoken. Written. Whatever.

Cartoon Network continues to treat Venture Bros. like one of its ordinary, lower-quality shows. It's been a critical hit from the beginning, and it has a loyal cult following. Still, it airs at midnight on Sunday, and I'm pretty sure the streaming services feature only its first--and therefore weakest--season. By rights, the show should get a better time slot, a better budget, etc. Since that won't happen, I suppose we should all be happy for a seventh season, but still.
Mar. 18, 2016, 12:49am
  • by The Blue Morpho
I don't know that a half hour would make that much difference. It's a late night show. And the best there is. I agree with you guys about its treatment by AS, but I think the air time ultimately makes no difference. This show has an incredible following, staying alive in small irregular doses over 13(? What year is it now?) years. The fandom has grown over time and continues to expand. The way I view it, VB gets shown on tv as a formal premiere, but it lives in digital viewing platforms and on home release discs. The Venturoos are generally obsessive and the fans will watch it whenever it's on. AS knows this and uses it to their advantage. I don't think D&J could handle anymore than they already do. It certainly takes a lot out of them and they've been given a greater amount of support in recent years, but from what I've seen, they're sort of at their limit. I do wish the series were longer than 8 eps plus "specials" of late, though. Hard to believe two days from now we'll be left Ventureless again for so long.
Mar. 18, 2016, 11:50am
  • by Captain V
  • (unregistered id: BD4F09BE4B)
All I meant is FG was the perfect lead in, Mike Tyson sucks as a lead in.
Don't believe me? Take a look for yourself.

FG Sunday Ratings from Sunday, March 13th:

10:00 p.m. - 1.8 million

10:30 p.m. - 1.930 million

3:00 a.m. - 1.0 million

Venture Bros. used to air immediately after FG and it would regularly pull 1.5 million viewers, with roughly only 0.4 retention loss. I rest my case Venturoos.

Anyway, I actually think Mike Lazzo and AS treat the Venture Bros. pretty nicely. No other network head would let a series take thirteen-ish years to crank out six seasons. Plus, they openly allow them to use their production budget however the see fit, i.e. hour-long episodes or specials.
And Warner Home Video has released three of the seasons on Blu-ray, which is beyond belief... since Blu-ray releases for animated TV shows are almost dead.

Really, all AS needs to do is air the show reruns more and debut premieres behind FG.

Well, J&D should ask for 12 episode production season budgets. Then we can have an hour-long season opener, eight regular episodes, and a proper hour-long season finale. Still ten episode seasons, but done goddamn properly! It's just... c'mon, it's fucking painfully obvious at this point. Switching from thirteen to only ten has just goofed up the finales.
They need the money for twelve eps so they can make ten episode seasons work properly with regards as to how they are made now.
Mar. 18, 2016, 1:46pm
  • by The Blue Morpho
Yas!

Hm, the site wouldn't accept my "yas!" for being under 5 characters, so have another "yas!".
Mar. 18, 2016, 2:53pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Evazul unlocked One Year Later Mar. 28, 2024, 6:42am
  • Evagsv unlocked One Year Later Mar. 28, 2024, 5:13am
  • Evaxiv unlocked One Year Later Mar. 28, 2024, 2:51am
  • Jaowela unlocked One Year Later Mar. 27, 2024, 1:40pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites