Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Captain V
  • (unregistered id: BD4F09BE4B)
My feelings are highly mixed and polarizing on this one. The continuity was just a bit off from the rest of the season with regards as to how Dr. Mrs. viewed the Blue Morpho, as she was already convinced he was Venture and alluded to wanting him dead already.
Also, Bot Seeks Bot was better at faking out Dr. Venture's death, coincidentally also a penultimate episode of the last season.

However, all the callbacks to the previous series continuity with 21 and the pilot were fun and highly enjoyed. And I didn't laugh very much at this one.
I also thought ATHF used Chris Lambert much more effectively and the jokes about him fell falt here as a result. Well, the final stinger with him being locked out was funny.

It felt oddly 'meh' for as deep as it got with all the characters reflecting on their lives like a film instead of a TV show.

I dunno, it was a really weird, wild, predictable, and contemplative episode with good callbacks to original continuity... but not exactly with regards to season continuity.
Z had to convince Dr. Mrs. but she was already convinced and leading the charge.

Definitely would've worked better if it had aired before lasts weeks episode.
The council was ready to kill Venture as was Dr. Mrs. at the end of last weeks credits, herein this week it felt like that hadn't happened yet.

Interestingly, Battle Axe lived... but she definitely had a neck cast. Good enough continuity there. Ha.

Happy 75th episode, it's a mixed bag of genius callbacks... but the continuity felt odd regarding how the council views the Blue Morpho after just the previous episode.

A 7.9/10 overall.
Mar. 14, 2016, 12:50am
  • by LL
  • (unregistered id: 585B3BD57B)
I loved this episode (I wrote more extensively about that below), but I'm with you about the lack of coherence when it comes to the Dr. Mrs.-Blue Morpho plot. It's been all over the place from episode-to-episode. Maybe Doc and Jackson weren't entirely on the same page about that storyline. Your'e right, too, about the episode being predictable. Still, I think it was internally coherent and very, very funny. So I was completely on board for this one.
Mar. 14, 2016, 1:06am
  • by Captain V
Just rewatched it.

The writing felt heavy-handed and it was almost like Doc was trying to remind the 'dumb' fans what is still relevant and what the overall plot is this season.

Like, oh, the season is over... better remind the 'bozo' audience members why Dr. Mrs. would shoot Venture. It wasn't needed.

This might be the most over-written season ever, I'm loving and hating it.
[AS] obviously needs to give them 13 episode seasons again.

A 6.9/10 (Is what I actually meant to type)
Mar. 14, 2016, 1:08am
  • by Captain V
But... I'll just give the episode a 7/10 and call it a day.
Mar. 14, 2016, 1:09am
  • by Captain V
And I don't mean all that Doc thinks any of the fans are bozos, or that Doc was internationally writing like that.

It's just, in the order this one aired and was presented... it all felt like that.

Had it aired just one episode prior, I probably would've given it an 8/10.
Mar. 14, 2016, 1:37am
  • by Captain V
My fucking spelling check is definitely fucked up. Hilarious reading.
Please ignore all my numerous typos.
Mar. 14, 2016, 1:44am
  • by Rented Mule
  • (unregistered id: 17EE65FF7A)
I also wondered if this episode originally was supposed to have aired immediately before "It Happening One Night", but in rewatching I noted that one piece of evidence Dr. Z presented was the grappling gun found at the site of the Doom HQ crash that was a Venture Industries model.
Mar. 14, 2016, 2:02am
  • by Captain V
I'm rewatching (for a third time) and I somehow just now noticed that too!
That line of Z's and Battleaxe's bandages cement this episodes spot.

I take it all back... well, mostly.

An 8/10 overall.
Mar. 14, 2016, 2:08am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Leonzzj unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 3:45pm
  • Leonkew unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 10:01am
  • Leonlfh unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 7:43am
  • Leonebn unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 1:25am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites