Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by The Mysterious 'H'
Just got it yesterday. Really enjoying it, of course. One of the things that always impresses me is how much thought they put into the packaging. I realize Doc and Jackson probably have nothing to do with it but it's still pretty cool and it's nice to know that the network still cares about the show and its fans and wants to create a quality experience all around.
Mar. 7, 2014, 2:30am
And perhaps help keep the people that make DVDs and Blu-rays employed as much entertainment these days is being sold as digital download.
Mar. 7, 2014, 5:07pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
Good point- Venture Brothers is one of those shows you can count on for a physical version in an increasingly online world. I mean, obviously the internet's not a bad thing, but there's something nice about physical media.
Mar. 8, 2014, 12:55am
  • by Captain V Bro.
  • (unregistered id: 720B93D9CA)
A physical version in an increasingly online world is a must for me.
I can't live with out HD uncensored Venture Bros. Blu-rays, the commentaries alone are too great!
If the sales of each season aren't good enough, the physical releases will eventually stop.
ATHF is a good examples of this, and so is Bob's Burgers.
KOTH is the other good example of an animated show that stopped having DVD releases... after putting half the show on DVD.

Plus: Jackson and Doc each get two cents per DVD/BD sold.
We need to help Hammer get out of his shoebox.
Mar. 20, 2014, 3:06am
I think Doc loves his 1990's rent too much to leave his shoebox!!
Apr. 7, 2014, 10:51pm
  • by Captain V Bro.
  • (unregistered id: 720B93D9CA)
I know right?
He says he has been there since 1993.
Apr. 11, 2014, 7:39pm
  • by Jory
  • (unregistered id: 4D1A9C6798)
Hey "H". I agree that the packaging is great, and actually it seems like it's a very hands-on process with Jackson especially--he personally did the design elements on top of the illustration, and according to Patrick Leger (http://patrickleger.tumblr.com/), who drew illustrations and the design of the cover painting, he and Jackson worked out some of the concepts for the illustrations. Wow!
Mar. 9, 2014, 4:06am
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
That is so cool! Glad to hear that they're so involved with everything VB related.
Mar. 9, 2014, 5:56pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Leonzzj unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 3:45pm
  • Leonkew unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 10:01am
  • Leonlfh unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 7:43am
  • Leonebn unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 1:25am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites