Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by The Mysterious 'H'
Great job. I feel like 'Hench has killed hench' is a reference to something but I don't know what.
Jul. 30, 2013, 6:14pm
"Ape has killed Ape!" - From Battle for the Planet of the Apes. When it was revealed that General Aldo was responsible for killing Caesar's son one of the apes took up this chant followed by the others. I think it deserves a mention in the capsule, which is great as always I might ad.
Jul. 30, 2013, 6:41pm
It should be! I still haven't seen Planet of the Apes, which is why I didn't know that one offhand. :(
Jul. 30, 2013, 7:52pm
We've got your back covered for those very few things which you might miss or be unsure of. This site has become quite the brain tank for this sort of knowledge, which makes it even more the awesomeness that it is, and I feel honored to be a part of it. It also testifies to the savvyness of VB fans in general.

If you do watch the Apes films, start with the original Charleston Heston one, followed by the other three. Not saying they're all gems, but if you're into them they work. You can skip the Marky Mark 2001 remake as they totally missed the point in regards to the social and political commentary of the original. I have not seen Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
Jul. 31, 2013, 6:19pm
I have seen Rise of the Planet of the Apes. It's good though I have no context for it beyond what I know about the original movie offhand (and that Simpson's episode). It's kind of a solid action movie though, not too much else to it. Some silliness here and there, but worth watching if you happen to think of it, but I wouldn't say you need to track it down or anything.
Jul. 31, 2013, 9:23pm
  • by Captain V Bro.
  • (unregistered id: 720B93D9CA)
Again, the show is so V deep with references I didn't catch that either.
I've seen most of the 'Apes' films, but not that one.

Nice job again Doc, and cpc65 for catching it.
Jul. 30, 2013, 8:41pm
Thanks for the reference. Just couldn't quite come up with the source myself.
Jul. 30, 2013, 11:29pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
Thanks, man! I knew I'd heard it somewhere before.
Jul. 31, 2013, 12:55am
  • by Ghobbi
  • (unregistered id: 8A956CCA4E)
That annoyed me, because in 'Return to Malice' the Monarch mentions that 21 had killed a number of henchmen himself...plus he and 24 set up another henchman as the writer of Flight of the Monarch.
Aug. 1, 2013, 1:14pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Evaxke unlocked One Year Later Mar. 28, 2024, 9:12am
  • Evazul unlocked One Year Later Mar. 28, 2024, 6:42am
  • Evagsv unlocked One Year Later Mar. 28, 2024, 5:13am
  • Evaxiv unlocked One Year Later Mar. 28, 2024, 2:51am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites