Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

Man I'm shaking....the episode did NOT go the way I thought it would. I was so worried that Hatred, Monarch, Gary or Dr. Mrs. would die. I need a few minutes to think over this....
Jul. 22, 2013, 12:31am
Haha yes. After my longass post last week, I was pretty much holding my breath any time Hatred was on screen.

Speaking of death: holy crap, are all of the Monarch's men (aside from Gary) dead?

Speaking of death and me getting carried away: did I mishear, or did Action Man actually say Entmann was the first of the original Team Venture to die?
.....where's Jonas' grave?
Jul. 22, 2013, 12:51am
WHOA I DID NOT EVEN THINK OF THAT. What could that mean? If he is alive, there are about a thousand characters in the Ventureverse who would want revenge for everything he's put them through...
Jul. 22, 2013, 12:53am
Well . . . the famous ending from Brock: "Oh yeah, your father died!"

But . . . what if . . . Jonas was cloned . . . and the clones are . . . Hand and Dean?!!11!

*Puts Down the Cough Syruparita*
Jul. 22, 2013, 1:21am
Er . . . "Hank and Dean"
Jul. 22, 2013, 1:22am
  • by Ghobbi
  • (unregistered id: 8A956CCA4E)
I took it to simply mean that Entmann was the first outside of Venture himself to die.

Is anyone else sad for 86 and 87? I really wanted more from those guys.

If the hovertank is so effective, why wasn't the cocoon destroyed ages ago?

Not going to lie, I was massively disappointed in this episode. To be honest I've found myself continuously disappointed by Doc Hammer episodes for a while now. We deserved some revelations in this episode, not the lazy end to the who-killed-24 thread that we got. Not a return to the old status quo for Gary. There were a couple of good moments but this episode just didn't have that season finale spectacle we've come to expect.
Jul. 22, 2013, 1:14pm
Sorry you didn't like the episode. I was pretty let down by Doc's "Ted" episode, some of which I thought was uncharacteristically lazy for someone as clever as Doc Hammer. I was pleasantly surprised with Doc's other efforts, though. I didn't like any of them as well as "O.S.I. Love You, "Bot Seeks Bot," or even "Spanakopita" (which I thought was reminiscent of some of Doc's better episodes, such as the day camp episode, which are often light and breezy. Still, I liked the focus on Gary and Dermott, even if I didn't like the direction Doc ultimately chose for Gary. Like you, I would have preferred Gary to remain independent or find a more fulfilling niche.

But hey, Doc gave us some hilarious scenes with the S.P.H.I.N.X. Commander, Hank's Destiny suit, the only real taste we got of Shallow Gravy, more of original Team Venture (always good by me), etc. I thought it was still a solid showing.
Jul. 22, 2013, 3:00pm
  • by Ghobbi
  • (unregistered id: 281A9E1044)
I'll give credit where it's due: the acid magnet gag, Doc summoning Hatred on his watch when he was trapped next to him, Daddy Warlord of the Children of the Corn, the entire Halloween episode...all those I loved.
But I do think there are too many lazy coincidences in the episodes this series, like Doc and Hatred crashing by the asylum, or the Destiny innuendo which was terribly forced.

Ooh, by the way, I spotted you an animation goof in O.S.I. Love You - Phage's silhouette appears in Monstroso's photos before he's joined the Council
Jul. 22, 2013, 3:59pm
"[T]here are too many lazy coincidences in the episodes this series, like Doc and Hatred crashing by the asylum . . . ."

That one drove me nuts, too. That was one of my major problems with the episode.

I think your points are valid. It seems that some fans will forgive weak or lazy writing, so long as an episode contains a few Big Reveals. Personally, I hate it when a show's writers substitute reveals for good storytelling, creativity, nuance, genuinely funny dialogue, etc. I guess, for me, Doc's soap opera-style tendencies were outweighed this season by the more positive aspects of his writing. It's really just a personal preference thing.

And as for that animation gaffe, I would NEVER have caught that. That's some amazing power of perception!
Jul. 22, 2013, 6:20pm
  • by Ghobbi
  • (unregistered id: 8A956CCA4E)
You call it amazing powers of perception, I call it having WAY TOO MUCH free time.
Jul. 22, 2013, 7:46pm
Do not hate us for being rich.
Jul. 23, 2013, 4:25am
And for Jackson and Doc saying they want us to tolerate the long breaks, NO PROBLEM. We all still love you mmkay?
Jul. 22, 2013, 12:52am
Jackson and Doc said in the SDCC panel that the season 6 premier is actually the season 5 finale.
Jul. 22, 2013, 11:19am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Evaxke unlocked One Year Later Mar. 28, 2024, 9:12am
  • Evazul unlocked One Year Later Mar. 28, 2024, 6:42am
  • Evagsv unlocked One Year Later Mar. 28, 2024, 5:13am
  • Evaxiv unlocked One Year Later Mar. 28, 2024, 2:51am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites