Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by TheLaughinManFL
This was a solid episode! So far one of my favorites for the season. Does anyone know if the last episode will be an hour long special as well?
Jul. 16, 2013, 8:53am
  • by Wemedge
  • (unregistered id: 48F01EE70C)
This season has been one of the best ever but I am sooooo disappointed it's ending so soon. After waiting so long, 8 episodes seems like just a tease.
Jul. 16, 2013, 1:07pm
Completely agree. I'm hoping we at least get another 15-minute special like "From the Ladle to the Grave." It's always tough to weather the long periods of inactivity between seasons, and it will be especially tough after such an amazing season.
Jul. 16, 2013, 2:37pm
  • by Captain V Bro.
  • (unregistered id: 720B93D9CA)
I don't want anymore short specials.

I'm glad they aren't doing more specials so season six will only take 18 months instead of 30 months.

Do less episodes and no specials, get the seasons out a whole year faster.

I'm 100% behind Jackson on this!
Jul. 16, 2013, 5:10pm
Well, I'm with you if it means the seasons come out earlier. I wasn't aware that the Shallow Gravy special had anything to do with the long delay. It was done completely in-house at Titmouse, wasn't it?
Jul. 16, 2013, 5:21pm
  • by Captain V Bro.
Yes, but they worked on it instead of just getting started on season V proper.
It took 8-9 months to make.
It was part of the reason we had the biggest wait between seasons... ever.

Jackson and Doc know what they are doing now, trust in them.

Six will be here sooner.
Jul. 16, 2013, 5:24pm
  • by Captain V Bro.
Season six production starts in September!
It should take 18 months total, according to Jackson.
So.. season six should start early 2015.
Jul. 16, 2013, 5:29pm
Well, I'm all for the seasons coming quicker. My point is that I'll take a short-form special if it doesn't delay production of the season proper. I don't know that much about animation, but as I understand it, it's the wait on Korea to finish animating the figures, vehicles, etc. that takes so much time. If the guys can do something at Titmouse during the wait, I'll take it. If not, I'll be more than happy with season six.
Jul. 16, 2013, 6:24pm
The Shallow Gravy thing didn't really delay the season that much. They work on multiple episodes at a time all the time, there's no way one 15 minute thing is going to somehow block them on the rest of the season.

Jackson and Doc pretty much killed themselves making season 3 and 4 so when they were done they just took some time off. Season 5 pre-production didn't start until months after the season 4 finale when previously they had started it immediately after the season ended. They were also able to slow down the process a little and write scripts before they needed to start putting together the show.

There were some delays there but I think the main idea with this season was to not destroy their lives as much as previous years. If that helps them produce something of the massive level of quality this season has been through and through then I am okay with that. At the end of the day you have to remember that two guys make the majority of the decisions with this show and are involved with every stage of the process which is pretty much unheard of for an animated show of this scope. So it's going to take longer because they don't have like 10 writers and a separate director and $1m per episode for animation.
Jul. 17, 2013, 2:57pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Julieod unlocked One Year Later Apr. 24, 2024, 5:43am
  • Juliimc unlocked One Year Later Apr. 24, 2024, 4:18am
  • Julibql unlocked One Year Later Apr. 23, 2024, 10:57am
  • Veronakyd unlocked One Year Later Apr. 22, 2024, 8:02pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites