Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

So I just re-watched the Season 5 sneak peak, and holy cow were there still a lot of clips from it that haven't shown up yet this season. Are we sure the next episode is just a half hour, because from the looks of it, we still have to cover Hank and Dean with their godparents, flashbacks to the old Team Venture days fighting Brainulo, The Monarch with his weird new costume, as well as The Monarch doing that bit where he is being a dentist for Rusty, as well as any scene with Rusty in bandages. It just seems like it will be jam packed...
Jul. 15, 2013, 12:53am
Nope, it's a half hour. Also those could all be like six second scenes. They just take ones that are the best looking usually, not ones that are the most relevant. Also that thing is probably going to be more heavily weighted towards the first 5 or 6 episodes produced since I think it was made before some of them were done. Like I don't think it has any scenes from the premiere, though I could be wrong.
Jul. 15, 2013, 12:59am
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
Well, they did say there'd be a flashback episode, so I guess this is it. One or both of the godparents must be from the origanal Team Venture and tell of the Brainulo fight and/or the Marathon Man/Mad Love dentist scene. And then Monarch gets a new costume to celebrate, maybe he's the one telling the dentist story.
Jul. 15, 2013, 1:00am
  • by Ghobbi
  • (unregistered id: 8A956CCA4E)
I'm calling it: the next episode uses the boys going to stay with the Action Man and Col. Gentleman as a framing story to reveal some secret truths about Rusty's past, meanwhile Dr. Mrs. The Monarch, as a newly-elected Councilman, learns these same truths. Rusty survived the accident but the Monarch is intent on torturing him; we're shown this early on in the episode and the whole 'presumed dead' thing is only from the perspective of the characters. Knowing the truth about Rusty and Malcolm's relationship, DMtM saves Rusty. Rusty sets off home, while Hatred, bent on revenge, travels in the other direction.
Jul. 15, 2013, 2:31pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
I think Hatred's "reckoning" is for Brock and Shore Leave. They've treated him terribly and the tasing is the final straw. He wants to be taken seriously but somehow I expect him to fail but come to terms with it.
Jul. 15, 2013, 4:20pm
  • by BENJI
  • (unregistered id: D882C43681)
they've been pulling back the layers on the monarch's past alot this season, maybe the next ep will delve into that some more.
Jul. 17, 2013, 1:37am
I remember reading something about a movie-like episode to take place between seasons 5 and 6. I think I read Doc and Jackson talking about their contract with Cartoon Network and they mentioned a longer episode after 5. If what I read was true, that could be where those extra scenes come from. It would also explain why there are only 8 episodes this season.
Jul. 15, 2013, 5:58am
  • by beb off-site
  • (unregistered id: A678E20E7F)
Their contract with AS was, essentially for 10 episodes. The Halloween special counted a one and the hour long premiere counted as two. So next week's ep will be the tenth and last of season 5. The special between seasons has been cancelled, according to the recent Slate interview so that they could get right into work on Season 6. I don't know what they're going to do with the money budgeted for that special. They could run a special after season six or they could just add an episode or two to season six. And as Mike says upthread, the outstanding clips add up to only a few seconds of showtime.
Jul. 15, 2013, 8:06am
  • by Great Lincoln's Ghost
I cant wait! Flashbacks to the old team Venture are always awesome.
Jul. 16, 2013, 1:16pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Veronagis unlocked One Year Later Apr. 22, 2024, 9:31am
  • Veronadvg unlocked One Year Later Apr. 22, 2024, 6:49am
  • Veronaevx unlocked One Year Later Apr. 22, 2024, 5:27am
  • Veronapea unlocked One Year Later Apr. 22, 2024, 2:30am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites