Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

I needed to jot something down about the whole of Season V thus far. Season 2 had some big revelations. The identity of the Sovereign and the identity of the boys' mother, would be the biggest among them. For seven years, those truths were universally acknowledged. We held those truths to be self-evident!

I'm not taking anything away from the writing. Undoing both of those reveals in back-to-back episodes the way that they did took some real special talent. Part of me loves this direction.

But there's another part of me. The part that spent the last 10 years of my life memorizing every last detail of every single episode. I've been with this show since the beginning. It's been a huge part of my entire adult life. I love nothing more than to slip lines from the dialogue into normal conversation (ask me sometime about working in "my nipples work as a team.")

For years, I've considered myself an expert. Any piece of trivia, no matter how trivial any piece of speculation, no matter how speculative, I was your man.

But now, if someone asks me, "Who's the boy's mother?"
I'm forced to answer with, "well....."
Jul. 8, 2013, 8:21pm
If Doc and JP had this planned all along then I'm cool with it, but if they suddenly decided to do an about face just to be shocking and freshen things up then I have issues, because that would be so unlike them.
Jul. 8, 2013, 9:02pm
Myra was never really confirmed as their mother. It was only hard and fast that Doc had sex with her, which doesn't necessarily mean anything outside of that fact. I honestly never answered with a definitive "Myra" if someone asked, just with a "there's this one lady who could maybe be it?"
Jul. 9, 2013, 3:26am
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
"Okay, so I fucked her. What of it?!"
Jul. 9, 2013, 4:10am
  • by gnormie
  • (unregistered id: 5506A87A93)
Going back to the episode where Myra was introduced I always got the feeling Doc was giving out half truths to get the boys off his back. He went out of his way not to confirm or deny Myra was their mother which tells me he wanted the boys to be so confused they stopped asking about their mother.

If he confirmed Myra was their mother then they want to know more about her. If he denied Myra was their mother then they would keep nagging him about who she is. So letting the boys think this crazy woman might be their mother was the perfect solution to avoid the mommy conversation.
Jul. 14, 2013, 6:37pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Julifpo unlocked One Year Later Apr. 24, 2024, 6:30pm
  • Julivvh unlocked One Year Later Apr. 24, 2024, 10:32am
  • Julieod unlocked One Year Later Apr. 24, 2024, 5:43am
  • Juliimc unlocked One Year Later Apr. 24, 2024, 4:18am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites