Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by kijunshi
  • (unregistered id: A3B6538697)
Awesome episode! I love it when they advance the core mysteries of the show :) Even though for me it was a little bit fast-paced... I had to watch it a few times to really catch everything.

In any case, Myra is not the mother. Hmm. I was firmly in the Myra camp... but, now my other fan theory can come strongly to the fore: The original boys didn't die - their mother just got custody. She and they are living a completely separate life, probably without knowledge that clones were ever made. Which would make Rusty's choices all the more interesting, as the boys literally would not exist in this form without him no matter what... this could only increase Dean's identity issues tenfold! (Hank would think it was totally cool to hang out with an older version of himself, of course.)
Jul. 8, 2013, 7:51pm
The unasked question in all this is why did Doc clone the boys in the first place. He never seems happy with the boys, considers them something of an inconvenience. Something really terrible had to have happened for him to go the bother of cloning them in the first place. Having the original boys safe with their real mother would relieve Doc of any need to clone the boys.
Jul. 8, 2013, 8:14pm
He did seem a bit more protective of them after the slugs got killed and the tanks destroyed. At least for awhile anyways.
Jul. 8, 2013, 8:59pm
  • by kijunshi
  • (unregistered id: A3B6538697)
I always assumed that Rusty thought he *needed* to have sons, in some way. Even though he actively resented their existence at many points. Perhaps because his father had a son? Perhaps his derivative lifestyle didn't seem complete without them?
Jul. 8, 2013, 9:43pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
Someone to continue the cycle of psychological abuse and vicarious living-through.
Jul. 8, 2013, 10:26pm
Possibly to all the above--cpc65-kijunshi-TM"H"--but I think Doc has changed. He seemed actually hurt having to abandon Nikki.

Go forward and--somehow--he has kids. As he stated hilariously "if you have an accident prone child, you invest in a helmet, if you have a death prone child, you get a clone." He may have thought a head. I THINK The Powers That Be initially rifted on how "boy adventurers" should have died twice every episode. So if you have clones--solves the problem.

Having clones--going through death rebirth to many times than I can remember--had left him completely cynical. His sons became rather like objects. Kids get annoying when they reach adolescence--suddenly they want freedom and an opinion--and Doc sort of lost his fatherly connection. Of course, at the time, he was really dealing with his own demons wish his father and collection of sociopaths.

Now, after the clones are gone, he seems just a bit more appreciative of them. There is one scene where Dean is dealing with Triana leaving/not being into him, and when Doc normally would just ignore him or send him to do something pointlessly stupid, he stops, thinks, and asks, "Dean? Are you okay?" When he had clones . . . who cares? If something is wrong--get a new one.

Doc also shows a BIT of empathy when Dean is dealing with his testicular torsion.

Now why clone in the first place? Because it is there and it seems to be the one thing he is very good at and seems to be proud of. When he clones the kid killed in his day-camp, he scoffs at Brock about how he fixed all of the severe cancer risks the kid had.

But . . . then . . . I think The Powers That Be write what they need for the humor. Heck, in the commentary for the episode where they are trapped in the Safe Room, TPThatB admit they had gone back and forth deciding which brother is the "smart one" and which is the "dumb one."

Okay . . . "tldnr" sorry.
Jul. 11, 2013, 4:53am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Eldarfhc unlocked One Year Later Apr. 19, 2024, 6:32am
  • Eldarpvn unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 7:01pm
  • Eldarchm unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 4:12pm
  • Eldardjo unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 3:42pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites