Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

Chronologically - These past few episodes take place before the Halloween show, and thus well before the conclusion of Cleansuit. Spanikopita takes place at the anniversary of Jackie O's wedding in Greece, which as Mike pointed out in the capsule was Oct. 20th and lasted 3 days. Hank got the strength suit in the previous episode, S.P.H.I.N.X. Rising, and was still in at at the beginning of Spanikopita and for most of O.S. I. Love You. He must have had a speedy rehab as he seemed perfectly fine and mobile in the Halloween show. So the question is, which remaining episode, if any, takes place after the conclusion of the events of Cleansuit?
Jul. 3, 2013, 8:34am
osi love you is definitely after halloween since dean seems to know about the cloning.
Jul. 3, 2013, 10:42am
I'm pretty sure all but the Halloween episode take place after the conclusion of "Cleansuit." In "Venture Libre," for example, Dean is sleeping in his attic bedroom, the one he moved into in "Cleansuit." And in "S.P.H.I.N.X. Rising," Gary is in charge of S.P.H.I.N.X., to which he was given the keys/lease in "Cleansuit." So I think they all take place afterwards.
Jul. 3, 2013, 11:28am
But Spanikopita starts on or about Oct. 22nd and Halloween is Oct. 31st. Also, Billy is drinking a Hot Mummy at the start of that episode. Not that that proves anything but it seems like a Halloween season type of drink.
Jul. 3, 2013, 4:57pm
The first Spanikopita took place on that date but we don't know when Doc goes back there every year.

Also the three most recent episodes definitely take place after the Halloween episode because Dean knows (and mentions) that he's a clone. They could potentially take place before the post-Halloween portion of "Cleansuit" but I think they're intended to be chronological.
Jul. 3, 2013, 7:31pm
Hmmm. I see your point. The events I cited occur early in "Cleansuit," so don't preclude other episodes taking place before its end. Still, I don't think there's any question that we're supposed to believe the episodes we've seen this season--with the exception of the Halloween episode--take place after "Cleansuit." Let me try again.

"Cleansuit" ends with the Ventures, Billy and Pete, and Gary coming together to retake the E-Den and thwart the interns' planned uprising. At that point, (1) St. Cloud has joined the Guild and chosen Billy as his arch; (2) Billy and Pete have beaten St. Cloud in a single-question quiz-off, and are now in possession of walking eye-H.E.L.P.eR.; and (3) Gary is still in charge of S.P.H.I.N.X. (or at least living on the compound and wearing his S.P.H.I.N.X. gear).

In "Venture Libre," we see Dean restore H.E.L.P.eR. back to his original, non-walking eye condition. So at the very least, the final scenes of "Venture Libre" take place after the conclusion of "Cleansuit."

In "S.P.H.I.N.X. Rising," we see Gary assemble his team, which includes Hank/Destiny. By episode's end, we see the O.S.I. and the Monarch--acting independently, of course--destroy the flying Khafra monument and the S.P.H.I.N.X. building on Doc Venture's property. Because Gary is still living on the Venture compound and acting as S.P.H.I.N.X. commander at the end of "Cleansuit," we can infer that this split-screen destruction scene takes place prior to the end of "Cleansuit." As further evidence, we see several shots of the Venture kitchen and living room, but no Palaemon interns. This is circumstantial evidence, to be sure, but I think it's valid.

In "Spanakopita," St. Cloud is already acting as Billy's arch (Dr. Venture says as much). Moreover, he makes mention of the quiz-off scene near the end of "Cleansuit" ("It's as debatable as your eBay "Top Seller" rating . . . ."). So despite your point about the dates, the episode has to take place after "Cleansuit."

Finally, in "O.S.I. Love You," we see non-walking eye H.E.L.P.eR. flying the X-1. As mentioned above, Dean restored H.E.L.P.eR. at the end of "Venture Libre" (i.e., post-"Cleansuit"). Thus, this episode takes place entirely after the events of "Cleansuit."

If I had to guess, I'd say you've discovered a continuity error. It's possible, though, that the events of "Spanakopita" take place, not in the same year as "Cleansuit," but the following September.

Apologies for such a long post!
Jul. 3, 2013, 8:02pm
Jeez, I wish I could edit the above post. In the section on "S.P.H.I.N.X. Rising," I meant to say "we can infer that this split-screen destruction scene takes place AFTER the end of "Cleansuit." Sorry for the confusion!
Jul. 3, 2013, 8:06pm
Yeah, I see your points. I do agree now that the last few episodes came after Cleansuit, but I still think the guys messed up on the date of Spanikopita and just didn't catch it. I doubt they'll pull a Tolkien though and rewrite an entire chapter because they realized they were off by one day in the lunar cycle.
Jul. 3, 2013, 9:06pm
You're probably right that they just didn't catch it. I seem to remember they wrote "Cleansuit" last, so it was probably a bitch to deal with all the continuity issues. And even if they caught it at some point in production, there may not have been any viable solution.
Jul. 3, 2013, 10:16pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Eldarpvn unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 7:01pm
  • Eldarchm unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 4:12pm
  • Eldardjo unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 3:42pm
  • Eldarqex unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 9:57am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites