Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

Great synopsis and commentary as always!
Jul. 1, 2013, 2:03pm
Thanks! One thing I really want to know is what the scene with Pete and Billy tied in the crater is a take on. It really feels like something from a movie or something but I can't find much (though it's pretty hard to search for)
Jul. 1, 2013, 2:22pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
I believe it's a Raiders Of The Lost Ark reference. Something similar happens in that movie, if I remember correctly, and it would fit with all the Indiana Jones references that pop up in Billy and St. Cloud's interactions.
Jul. 1, 2013, 10:02pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
The blow darts from picking up the idol in the X-2 are definitely a Raiders reference though.
Jul. 1, 2013, 10:04pm
Here I thought it was Interview with a Vampire where Someone and That Girl in School Ties get burned to a crisp having been left out in the Sun.

Or not.

Anyways, the rest is definitely Raiders.
Jul. 2, 2013, 2:43am
I mentioned the same thing in the episode comments, but the dialogue and being tied down in the manner they were are probably references to something else.
Jul. 2, 2013, 7:40pm
  • by Ghobbi
  • (unregistered id: 270B9B0D16)
Someone in another thread said it was from one of the Riddick films.
Jul. 2, 2013, 10:53am
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
White literally burning in the sun is, but the whole 'being tied to stakes in the desert so you dehydrate/die' thing is a scene in some other movie.
Jul. 2, 2013, 4:37pm
The burning in the sun is from 'Chronicles of Riddick', as I mentioned in the other thread. The only movie that I have been able to come up with that somewhat matches the being tied down in the sun is 'The Scorpion King'.

It's not 'Interview with a Vampire' since they were left in a pit type thing. There was a scene in book 'The Vampire Lestat' where something kind of similar happened though...so it could be based loosely off of that.
Jul. 4, 2013, 4:37pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Leonzzj unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 3:45pm
  • Leonkew unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 10:01am
  • Leonlfh unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 7:43am
  • Leonebn unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 1:25am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites