Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by beb
  • (unregistered id: E931CDA98D)
My first reaction too the episode was: WTF? They had only ten episodes for the season and they blew one of them on this? What was the point of it?

Also, I'm already sick of St. Cloud.
Jun. 24, 2013, 9:44am
obviously there is lots happening this season. gotta have a breather episode. otherwise, the pacing is too much. if you've watched previous seasons, you'll know they do this a couple times a season. this one was great. more build up to bigger arcs while also being a fun stand alone adventure
Jun. 24, 2013, 10:09am
Sorry you didn't like the episode, but I found it to be quite good. Jackson frequently sets his stories in exotic locales and loves to explore the history of Jonas Sr. and the original Team Venture. He did both in this episode, and I think did it well.

As for the point of the episode, it didn't feature any soap opera-style, earth-shattering reveals (the presence of several blonde, mulleted kids on the island didn't advance the season's larger plot in any way), but it gave us a further glimpse into the nightmare that was Doc's childhood. I actually felt for little Rusty in this one. His scenes with H.E.L.P.eR. showed that Doc wasn't always such a disaster; Rusty was actually a smart, well-read, creative little kid.

Finally, I can understand why you're sick of St. Cloud. He's essentially a Bond villain (hence the scene with him in Gert Frobe's poolside outfit). If you don't share Jackson's love of Connery-era Bond films, you probably won't like him. I've liked the St. Cloud storylines this season. I do find his voice extremely annoying, though. Honestly, I wish they guys had gotten James Urbaniak to reprise his season one voice, or found someone else to do it.
Jun. 24, 2013, 11:17am
I am getting the feeling we are meant to hate St. Clouds voice, so superior and highfalutin in it's tone!
Jun. 24, 2013, 11:45am
  • by Jory
  • (unregistered id: 2EE76A7550)
I think Jackson's St. Cloud voice is super funny and it would be a great addition to the show--if he didn't already voice almost every other character! As it is St. Cloud just sounds like snooty Hank.
Jun. 25, 2013, 12:06am
I honestly wasn't crazy about St. Cloud in this episode. I think he works fine in limited screen time like in Clean Suit, but anything more is an overdo in my opinion.
Jun. 24, 2013, 8:35pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Leonzzj unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 3:45pm
  • Leonkew unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 10:01am
  • Leonlfh unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 7:43am
  • Leonebn unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 1:25am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites