Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

So why would Jonas Jr.--a man who collected all sorts of Jonas Sr. and "The Rusty Venture Show" memorabilia and turned Spider Skull Island into a Jonas Sr.-themed museum--sell the X-2 to St. Cloud?

Obviously, St. Cloud would have offered Jonas Jr. a great deal of money for the boat, but it seems odd that Jonas Jr. would part with it at any price. Does this suggest that Jonas Jr. is having money troubles? Maybe the construction of Gargantua II is draining his resources?
Jun. 24, 2013, 9:02am
  • by Ghobbi
  • (unregistered id: 8A956CCA4E)
I seem to remember the Captain saying something about JJ using parts of the X-2 in Gargantua 2's construction. Or did I dream that part?
Jun. 24, 2013, 1:22pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that happened in The Silent Partners. St. Cloud could have restored the boat after buying it though. And who says JJ sold it- maybe Pirate Captain sold it to buy some of that dart juice? Gargantua-2's been taking so much time and attention, JJ'd never notice his boat was missing.
Jun. 24, 2013, 7:51pm
I thought St. Cloud said it was a recreation? Or was he talking about the fact that it blew up in 1968 and then Jonas Sr. rebuilt it.
Jun. 24, 2013, 1:48pm
I thought he meant the latter (i.e., that the boat wasn't the original but was the post-1968, rebuilt version), but I could be wrong.
Jun. 24, 2013, 2:25pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
Yeah, he bought the one from Ghosts Of The Sargasso.
Jun. 24, 2013, 7:52pm
I said this same thing on the Adult Swim boards and was met with disagreement.

I think we might be seeing the first hints that Jonas Jr. is...like all other Ventures...a failure. Here's how I figure it:

Jonas Venture Sr. was at first thought to be the model of success and has been slowly revealed to have been a bad father, as well as a bad friend, bad caretaker, and occasional failure at science (leaving Dr. Entmann and the orphans stranded when M.U.T.H.E.R. malfunctions in "What Goes Down Must Come Up").

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that Jonas Jr. is also going to be revealed as not all he's cracked up to be.

It was shown in "Now Museum, Now You Don't" that things don't always go exactly according to plan for JJ: some of his guests weren't cooperating with his vision, his belittling of the pirate crew nearly got them all killed, and he and Sally appeared to be hitting a rough patch.

In "The Silent Partners", when SPHINX shows up to Spider-Skull Island, the only person they encounter is the Pirate Captain...no Sally, no Ned, no pirate crew...I even think the Captain says he's all alone.

And we don't see Sally on board Gargantua 2 with JJ in "What Color is Your Cleansuit?" (there's a nameless woman serving him a drink). Sure, this could be reading a bit much into little details, but I think it could be important that Sally doesn't seem to be around.

In "Venture Libre" the jPad malfunctioned when Hank tried to use the cherry bomb app. Another possible hint that not everything JJ touches turns to gold.

Publick and Hammer have laid it on pretty thick that Doc, Dean, and Hank can't escape their destiny (to fail) as Ventures. So I'm thinking that we'll be seeing Jonas failing in some way, shape, or form soon.
Jun. 25, 2013, 12:14am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Julifpo unlocked One Year Later Apr. 24, 2024, 6:30pm
  • Julivvh unlocked One Year Later Apr. 24, 2024, 10:32am
  • Julieod unlocked One Year Later Apr. 24, 2024, 5:43am
  • Juliimc unlocked One Year Later Apr. 24, 2024, 4:18am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites