Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Ghobbi
  • (unregistered id: 8A956CCA4E)
Am I the only one who thought this episode was just dull? I had a couple of laugh-out-loud moments early on (like the acid magnet line, even though I saw it coming in the split-second after Gary mentioned acid and magnets), but I'm really disliking the way this season is going so far. I enjoyed the first two episodes but there was something nagging at the back of my mind...I don't know if I'm subconsciously forcing myself to like these episodes more than I actually do...

I loved Season 4, and back when all the Hatred hatred was going on I was fully in Jackson and Doc's camp - I loved the character and I loved the way the show was developing, and I was pleased with their decision to move the show on the way they felt it should go, even if it risked upsetting some of the fans. And I thought 4.2 was much better than 4.1, but I noticed what I felt at the time was the writers bowing to pressure from fans, particularly with regard to Hatred - his paedophilia was a huge deal in 4.1, then suddenly it was pretty much forgotten about in 4.2 (did it even get mentioned or referenced?) - and I've a feeling this was a conscious decision on Doc and Jackson's part given the outcry from many fans. Now I feel we're being set up for Hatred leaving and Gary taking the role (every episode so far has had Hatred either contemplating leaving or otherwise showing dissatisfaction at his job) - something a vocal part of the fanbase has been crowing for for a while now.

I hope I'm wrong, because I hate to be the guy who makes this kind of criticism, and previously I've hated seeing this kind of comment on sites like this. I guess we all have our own idea of the way VB ought to go, and now everybody who hated Season 4 is getting their way and I'm not, so fair's fair...
Jun. 17, 2013, 3:34pm
  • by Ghobbi
Oh yeah, and giving Hatred the shot last week, so he was more sympathetic. Seemed like another attempt to appease fans of the show who disliked the character.
Jun. 17, 2013, 3:42pm
i seriously doubt jackson and doc are trying to appease folks who dislike hatred. they love the big lug, as do many fans i'm sure. if they were afraid of offending people, i don't think they wouldn't have given him that characteristic in the first place. and as far as gary joining osi, i think think it's totally possible. this is a cartoon show and they can do what they want. i'm sure they would show him going through the necessary steps if that was the case. of course it's also possible that he becomes a lone wolf or just becomes part of team venture.
Jun. 17, 2013, 4:21pm
*would have given him
Jun. 17, 2013, 4:28pm
  • by Dinobot 2
  • (unregistered id: D33B2FB33A)
You sir... are wrong.
Jun. 18, 2013, 4:05pm
  • by Ghobbi
I hope I am, D2. I remember seeing someone else a couple of weeks back say they weren't going to bother with this season just because it's going to have more Pete and Billy. I don't want to be that guy.
Jun. 18, 2013, 4:44pm
  • by That Guy
  • (unregistered id: 790AD826A7)
And I don't feel a damn bit of guilt about it, my friend hooked me into this show for a very specific character that Doc and Jackson have already confirmed for having little to no screen time this season. Why should I watch this show if the character I care about is missing, and the ones I care the least are going to feature prominently? I already tolerated the Venture family, but I'm not gonna even pretend I care about Pete and Billy.
Jun. 21, 2013, 10:21pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Veronadvg unlocked One Year Later Apr. 22, 2024, 6:49am
  • Veronaevx unlocked One Year Later Apr. 22, 2024, 5:27am
  • Veronapea unlocked One Year Later Apr. 22, 2024, 2:30am
  • Veronatfg unlocked One Year Later Apr. 22, 2024, 1:29am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites