Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by beb
  • (unregistered id: A678E20E7F)
I'm clearly in the minority here in that I thought that last weeks hour-long opener was weak. Maybe a 7 out of ten. Not enough story, and certainly no changes to the characters -- that they remember. Venture Libre was exactly what I was looking for. Unexpected twists, sharp jokes, rapid pace. This was a much better episode that Cleansuit. But that's just my opinion.

It was fun watching Hank in his coffee-induced psychosis become "The Bat" but more than that, had the actual chops needed to rescue his father and Hatred. Compared to what the boys were like back in the first season, there has been a lot of growth.

It was interesting to see Hatred seriously consider joining the Isle of Monsters because he's a monster in so many ways as well. I know that guys like Hatred too much to write him out of the series but I can see him having a psychotic break and the Ventures needed yet another bodyguard. Right aout the time 21 needs a better job....

But the part I think everyone is overlooking is Dean small storyline. Fixing HELPer is no small accomplishment. His father didn't try, he just put HELPer's head on the Walking Orbs' body. Was it because he was lazy or because there were no spare parts and HELPer's body would have to be built from scratch? In fixing HELPer Dean showed a lot more savvy than his father and a lot more commitment to finishing a project once started. Combine this with last week's Dean story where he won the affection of the fair Thalia through a series of physical challenges. Dean loudly and profusely refuses to be a Boy Adventure like his dad but is showing a natural talent for it that Hank, frankly, lacks.
Jun. 10, 2013, 8:22am
I liked this weeks episode better as well, loved all the call-backs! Anyone else see Otto Aquarius on the boat at the end? And the flashback scenes with Hatred...taking us to that dark twisted place again much like the end of What Goes Down Must Come Up!
Jun. 10, 2013, 9:55am
  • by Cheb Ghobbi
  • (unregistered id: 8A956CCA4E)
Didn't see Otto but I did see the green guy that the Triad interviewed back in Fallen Arches. And a pink guy that I'd seen somewhere before too.
Jun. 10, 2013, 1:53pm
On re-watch, I got a better look at some of the backgrounds. The storage room that Dean goes into contains everything you'd ever need to re-build a H.E.L.P.eR.: blueprints, extra bodies, extra heads, wheel assemblies, etc. It also contains parts to re-build a walking eye. The implication is that Doc made a conscious choice to put H.E.L.P.eR.'s head onto a walking eye (i.e., made a conscious choice to turn him into a killing machine). Dean understood H.E.L.P.eR.'s misery at being stuck on a walking eye and returned him to normal. I thought it was a great storyline, and I'm actually glad to see the return of original-vintage H.E.L.P.eR.
Jun. 13, 2013, 11:42am
I disagree! I really like it when the Venture's go on a Quest-like adventure. We need to see them go on these quests every once in a while because that is the heart of who the Venture's are.

Was this episode an "Escape to the House of Mummies Pt. 2" level of adventure, no but it was great! 9/10
Jun. 19, 2013, 10:39pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Julifpv unlocked One Year Later Apr. 25, 2024, 6:28pm
  • Julineb unlocked One Year Later Apr. 25, 2024, 10:30am
  • Juliywr unlocked One Year Later Apr. 25, 2024, 5:18am
  • Julifpo unlocked One Year Later Apr. 24, 2024, 6:30pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites