Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

55 years of living on this planet has trained me to expect that the longer and greater the anticipation, the deeper the disappointment. -- Was it worth the wait?

Oh yes. It was indeed! The Venture Bar has been reset to a hight I'd not imagined.

Characters and their stories have the feeling of design maturity and good development--Gary's physical and mental evolution is a solid sell--We can accept his ongoing transiton from hench-nerd to proto-hero-nerd on all levels. Billy is growing into his new role as a prime mover and official Guild-sanctioned Protagonist feels spot. The boys' growth and their inevitible divergence (while still remaining essentially the Ventures we have come to love) feels organic. The quasi-human (Avoiding spoilers) designs worked very well in the classic sci-fi / comic book / adventurer drama universe.

My eyses are now opened to the scope that a multi-threaded Vetnure story can take on--and it did it without a moment's lag, The writing is top-notch. The art work has hit its stride. The environments feel more substantial.

While on the subject of scope: until now, the notion of a full-length Venture movie seemed like one of those ideas that fans might like but would not fly--the Vetnureverse did not seem sustainable for a feature-length project. But this 45-minute opus proves that if these guys wanted to--and had the backing and staff--they could create a competative box-office VB.

But then that would take them away from regular epesodes and TV production--so please guys--don't take this as encouragement to go to the big screen. We love you just the way you are.

I can't wait to see where this season is going--and even more so now that I no longer expect that which is anticipated to diasappoint.

The show was entertaining, funny and a solid job all around.

Bravo.
Jun. 3, 2013, 4:57pm
I find it pretty amazing and cool that there are 55-year olds willing to watch cartoons about boy adventurers and super-villains. I guess most would not do this as a matter of principle.

I agree about a full-length movie. It's a shame that there are those Simpsons or Futurama movies -- that really suck -- but a Venture Bros. movie that would likely be incredibly awesome will also likely never be created.
Jun. 3, 2013, 7:02pm
In the way, Old Folks . . . HEY! GET OFF MY LAWN!!! . . . I mean "Mature People" appreciate it because we grew up with Scooby Do, Johnny Quest, and everything else they reference.
Jun. 3, 2013, 8:56pm
  • by Captain V Bro.
  • (unregistered id: 8C877D6D69)
"Bender's Big Score" is on a Venturian level of genius.
But yes; it's the only one of the four Futurama dvd movies that is great.. as the others fall short, due in part to the writers strike that occured.
Jun. 4, 2013, 4:54pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
I thought Beast With A Billion Backs was there, except for the last 5-10 minutes. Bender's Big Score didn't seem that great to me though. It was good but they weren't running on all cylinders at that point, as far as I'm concerned.
Jun. 4, 2013, 9:41pm
I would agree with that. Bender's Big Score was easily my favorite Futurama for that very reason. Great story arc, thoughtful direction, interesting plot, and gosh darn funny (some emotional elements too).
Jun. 4, 2013, 11:10pm
Age has nothing to do with it. It's a state of mind thing really.
Jun. 4, 2013, 7:46pm
"I find it pretty amazing and cool that there are 55-year olds willing to watch cartoons about boy adventurers and super-villains."

I'm pleasantly surprised at this, too. Then again, I'm pleasantly surprised that teenagers and those in their twenties are into "The Venture Bros."

In one of his interviews with Ken Plume, Doc once explained that he and Jackson "speak the same freaky language." I'm 38--just a bit younger than Jackson and Doc, I think--and feel like I speak that language, too. It's a product of growing up in the late 70s and early 80s, I think. Like Jackson and Doc, I was raised on the same mix of pop culture influences: syndicated shows from the 60s, the Sears Christmas "Wishbook," Hanna Barbera's "meddling kids" cartoons from the 70s, 80s Marvel comics, British new wave, etc. And more importantly, I was there for the social phenomena that the show exposes and satirizes so well: the collapse of the public's belief in a science-created Utopia, Cold War paranoia, the effects of absentee parenting, etc. In short, the show couldn't speak more directly to me or others of my age.

But as evidenced by the above post, "The Venture Bros." also speaks to those of different generations, and I think that's amazing. It's a credit, I think, to Jackson's and Doc's talents. They somehow manage to make their very specific influences and experiences relatable to persons of all ages. It's one more reason I love this show.
Jun. 20, 2013, 11:42am
So I'm not the oldest Venturoo here? Cool beans!
Jun. 4, 2013, 7:45pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Irinvhs unlocked One Year Later Apr. 26, 2024, 9:36am
  • Julifjy unlocked One Year Later Apr. 26, 2024, 8:52am
  • Julimwt unlocked One Year Later Apr. 25, 2024, 8:57pm
  • Julifpv unlocked One Year Later Apr. 25, 2024, 6:28pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites