Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

Just going to repost what I said down yonder at the AV Club:

I don't think I, or any of us expected for this to be as great as it was. I don't know if it's because I've been waiting two and a half years for this, but I think this may just be the series' best episode yet. It seems like it was the first one to actually manage to master the balancing act of pathos and humor Season 4 attempted to do with mixed results. And the reveal that Girly mag scientist was the quizboy who called out Billy in 'The Invisible Hand of Fate'? Brilliant.
Jun. 3, 2013, 1:35am
That's not necessarily the same person
Jun. 3, 2013, 1:38am
His name was Augustus St. Cloud, so... yes.
Jun. 3, 2013, 1:44am
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
Yeah, he explicitly said he was.
Jun. 3, 2013, 1:47am
  • by Cheb Ghobbi (it won't let me log in)
  • (unregistered id: 8A956CCA4E)
He said he'd lost to Billy on a rigged gameshow. Lots of other contestants lost to Billy before the rigging was revealed. They're not the same character and looking nothing like each other.
Jun. 4, 2013, 6:12pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
Well, Billy was only made to cheat once. He seemed genuinely surprised in Invisible Hand Of Fate that his answer had been changed. He'd gotten by on his own skills before then. And people can look different when they grow up, especially if they're rich and can afford plastic surgery.
Jun. 4, 2013, 9:59pm
  • by Bill
  • (unregistered id: 33CBEB0483)
This was my interpretation, as well. Billy was only made to cheat once, but Todd's discovery would have destroyed Billy's credibility. The other contestants who had lost to Billy would wrongly conclude that he had been fed answers. St. Cloud would have been one of those earlier contestants.

The boy next to Billy in "Invisible Hand of Fate"--the one who calls Billy on his incorrect answer--is named Todd and looks nothing like St. Cloud. He also sounds nothing like St. Cloud (here I'm not talking about pitch, which would've changed with age, but rather about his verbal affectations). I don't think we're meant to conclude that they're the same person.
Jun. 5, 2013, 12:29am
Apologies, you're right- someone pointed it out his name was actually Todd. That humble pie is looking pretty good right now.
Jun. 3, 2013, 1:56am
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
Well, might not be his real name. Or Todd could be a middle name. The resemblance is uncanny though ...
Jun. 3, 2013, 2:07am
  • by Dingleburg
  • (unregistered id: 790AD826A7)
Todd is blonde...

Though, St. Cloud's hair is confirmed as being wigs (Pe Wei is seen brushing one of at least 20!)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq3abPnEEGE
Jun. 3, 2013, 7:23pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Vilianakzy unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 7:04am
  • Irinypn unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 4:18am
  • Vilianafdc unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 1:56am
  • Irinrza unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 12:20am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites