Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Jayfish
  • (unregistered id: 4B307C26C7)
Glad to hear the new timeline, but is 10 months typical for most animated production? That seems incredibly long to me (given something like South Park's fast turnaround), but I'm sure type of animation, budget, personnel and lots of other variables come into play. Anybody have any insight here?
Apr. 24, 2012, 4:11pm
Informative
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
10 months is about average for most productions. South Park just has a really fast turnaround due to the software they use and the fact that almost everything happens in one building. Most shows have a place for storyboarding/writing, another for voice recording, then have the bulk of the animation done somewhere else (usually overseas). After they get that back, they check it for animation errors, any of which are sent back for redoing. Then they score and foley the episode, edit it down for time and any content issues before finally being finished.
Apr. 24, 2012, 6:08pm
Yeah, South Park is really the exception rather than the rule. Small-scale shows like ATHF can also be pretty quick to animate but for a traditionally animated show like Venture Bros, The Simpsons, Family Guy etc it's at least 10 months from start to finish.
Apr. 24, 2012, 6:16pm
  • by Dean #1124
  • (unregistered id: 3DE0098437)
Man, we still have another 7 months at least of a wait? I mean, heck, it's already been a over a year since Season 5 and 6 were announced as being picked up. That would be close to two whole years between the two seasons.

Is there going to be such a massive wait between 5 & 6 as there is between 4 & 5?
May. 21, 2012, 1:06pm
I asked them that when I interviewed them after NYCC and the answer was no at the time. They want to roll right over into season six once season five is completed. Not sure if that will happen in practice (especially since the transition from season three to four was so difficult), but they do have a bigger budget and more people working so hopefully they can do it this time.
May. 21, 2012, 4:51pm
  • by Dean #1124
  • (unregistered id: 3DE0098437)
If a 2+ year wait (when you consider that Operation PROM aired in November of 2010!) is what comes with more money and people, then I'd hate to see what they'd do with the same budget!
May. 21, 2012, 10:11pm
  • by Rastaran
  • (unregistered id: 5BF8FFD506)
Well, Jackson and Doc I think spent most of the time writing. They only started the actual animation for it in January; so it makes sense I reckon.
Jun. 10, 2012, 2:33am
That's ok, South Park isn't really that funny and usually stabs for the lowest common denominator joke and beats it to death with a stick.
Sep. 21, 2012, 2:35pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Leonzzj unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 3:45pm
  • Leonkew unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 10:01am
  • Leonlfh unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 7:43am
  • Leonebn unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 1:25am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites