Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by PromoTheRobot
  • (unregistered id: 0B3D50F846)
Pretty amazing. I'm going to have to watch a couple more times. Feel kinda bad for Gary. Why do I feel the same way as I did at the end of Lost? You know what they say...leave 'em wanting more!
Nov. 22, 2010, 12:37am
  • by Iris
  • (unregistered id: 7F17C94558)
I know! Poor Gary...
Nov. 22, 2010, 12:40am
  • by Katie
  • (unregistered id: 5AE040D2D5)
I came near tears when Gary broke down.
Nov. 22, 2010, 1:31am
  • by Iris
  • (unregistered id: 7F17C94558)
Me too... :(
Nov. 22, 2010, 1:37am
  • by Katie
  • (unregistered id: 5AE040D2D5)
It was upsetting, but lovely.
Nov. 22, 2010, 2:27am
  • by Mogo
  • (unregistered id: B50DB16F10)
I feel bad for Gary but he was right. The Monarch just acted like nothing was wrong but when he broke down after 24 left, Dr.O and Jefferson were there to comfort him. Shore Leave helped him actually do stuff. Gary realized that he should be his own man and not the lackey of a douchebag who passes his wife around like a bong and has no regards for the lives of his own men.
Nov. 22, 2010, 10:15am
  • by PromoTheRobot
What must sting most is knowing that kiss meant nothing to Sheila. What's worse than you pouring your heart out and it all being just a joke to her?
Nov. 22, 2010, 1:46pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
  • (unregistered id: B7D02EEF34)
Well, she was drunk. You can't hold her as responsible while under the influence of alcohol.
Nov. 22, 2010, 1:53pm
  • by PromoTheRobot
Drunk when she and Gary had their moment? Yes she was. But she was also very forthcoming to him, doing the "GARY" chant in her cheerleader outfit and all. I guess I had this idea that Sheila was still looking for her prince, but she turned out to be a cold-hearted woman.

But you know what? This is why I'm not writing for VB. I would have had a feel-good happy ending for Gary and Sheila. But Jackson and crew know better. Wasn't this better than some sappy "Officer and a Gentleman" type ending?
Nov. 22, 2010, 2:19pm
  • by Azure
  • (unregistered id: 6AA335D220)
Agreed. I was saddened by it too, especially since the scenes with 21 were some of the most open we've ever seen her character. Dr. Girlfriend is a very tightly closed book of lies with pictures of also lies. I felt like some of that rare character development for her was taken away with that scene.

Then I watched again and I think you're right, it was the best ending. Just like the scene with Brock and Mol, Gary realized how that the Monarch is a dick and always will be, until he's old and gray or dead. His wife is not the perfect flower Gary put on a pedestal and I think for 21 it's not even so much that she dismissed him as the fact that he knows she could do better, he knows how unhappy she is because she told him so. After all that she's going to stand by her man and never do anything to change either, she has none of the qualities inside that I think 21 imagined she did and her idea of love is impossibly warped.

I think he's as disgusted with the two of them as anything else at the moment.
Nov. 23, 2010, 1:24pm
  • by GrimGravy
  • (unregistered id: 38D6ECB1AE)
That's a pretty poignant observation!
Nov. 23, 2010, 8:33pm
  • by Doctor X
  • (unregistered id: A2DE3BCD74)
Well, as Doc and Jackson noted in a commentary regarding fans reactions to whenever Dr. Mrs. The MONARCH [!--Ed.] does anything bad: "she's evil!" They are evil. She does not bat an eye when The MONARCH [!--Ed.] describes frying Wonderboy after a post-breakup binge.

The one unifying thing is they are all FAILURES. 21 is, perhaps, realizing this.
Nov. 27, 2010, 8:11am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Julifpo unlocked One Year Later Apr. 24, 2024, 6:30pm
  • Julivvh unlocked One Year Later Apr. 24, 2024, 10:32am
  • Julieod unlocked One Year Later Apr. 24, 2024, 5:43am
  • Juliimc unlocked One Year Later Apr. 24, 2024, 4:18am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites