Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Hemlock
  • (unregistered id: 9BB76C5938)
What I think is most relevant is that Dr. Orpheus succeeded in his task and unlocked Rusty's superego. The end credits speech was possibly the most open and frank thing he had ever said to Hank in the entire series. Dean got a bit of it back in Perchance to Dean. But it required the superego to finally open himself to Hank.

Now that he's done both (and conquered his subconscious fear with the recloning), perhaps he's going to start doing a lot less failing and a lot more succeeding. I think the overall theme to the show has officially shifted.
Oct. 18, 2010, 12:44am
  • by Iris
  • (unregistered id: 7F17C94558)
That's an interesting theory.
Oct. 18, 2010, 12:54am
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
  • (unregistered id: 43F7869F5C)
I don't know. Failure's funnier than success and I can't see Rusty achieving that much. He may be more honest now but he's still pretty screwed up.
Oct. 18, 2010, 12:54am
  • by Tricky
  • (unregistered id: DD4B52F3B9)
I would think so too, that his super ego is finally free & Rusty might finally escape his failure, but his little speech at the end puts the kibosh on that whole idea.

He loves his failure of a life, he can't help but to relive his real nightmares in order to define himself as the loser that he has become. Even if he's conscious of what went on his brain & how he could've possibly went insane but didn't, he doesn't care cause the worse that that happened to him was when at his 16th birthday his Dad's friends shrunk his dick in front of a room full of the most beautiful women in the world.

All will contiue to be as it ever was in the Ventureverse. ;)
Oct. 18, 2010, 1:07am
  • by Mogo
  • (unregistered id: B50DB16F10)
I think it's more in the middle. I think while his superego isn't a magic cure-all it may make rusty suck just a little less, as he showed the most comepitent parenting he has in years.
Oct. 18, 2010, 8:41am
  • by mr c
  • (unregistered id: EBE070D88E)
Yeah I agree. The middle ground is what usually happens. I am sure that theme of failure will never subside, but things never stay the same with this show either, which is what makes me love it.
Oct. 18, 2010, 12:12pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Eldarfhc unlocked One Year Later Apr. 19, 2024, 6:32am
  • Eldarpvn unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 7:01pm
  • Eldarchm unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 4:12pm
  • Eldardjo unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 3:42pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites