Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Bill
  • (unregistered id: AB0DA7BA96)
Great to have the show back, and maybe my opinion will change in the 3 or 4 times I'll surely re-watch this before next Sunday (because I'm an idiot like that), but I wasn't impressed.
Sep. 13, 2010, 12:11am
  • by Donkiku
  • (unregistered id: A4C9665458)
Why not impressed?
Sep. 13, 2010, 9:58pm
  • by Bill
  • (unregistered id: 13F25E120F)
It seemed too busy, and I didn't really enjoy the Butter-glider obsession. Had the Monarch just gotten bummed after seeing KG sick, cut out all the butter-glider scenes, and spent some more time on the Fantastic Voyage stuff and/or the henchmen dissatisfaction, I would've liked it more, I think.

Still a fine half hour of TV, but sub-par for the Venture Bros, IMO.
Sep. 13, 2010, 10:32pm
agreed, I may have had too high expectations for this one, but I thought it didn't live up to Pinstripes & Poltergeists. I also thought they'd take it from there: 21 & Brock vs. Monstroso and everything.

nifty episode, but too many minutes wasted with elaborate jokes that were a wee bit too predictable (like Billy & Pete's ride ...)

but hooray for season 4.2
I'm pumped
Sep. 14, 2010, 4:25am
  • by Jory
  • (unregistered id: 9F1235068D)
I don't blame you for being disappointed, but 21 and Brock's assault on Monstroso wasn't some big, dramatic game-changer. It was presented basically as 1) a joke, with 21 doing his Obi-Wan spiel, and 2) a bit of awesome fanservice, with these two unlikely characters fighting together. It was over at the end of Pinstripes & Poltergeists. It was just supposed to be fun!

Anyway, Monstroso will be back, probably with a few bones to pick, later in 4.2.
Sep. 15, 2010, 11:39am
well, I rewatched it yesterday ... and liked it a lot better.
still have second thoughts about the motorcycle-sequence (yes, I get the point: it supposed to be a lengthy yet utterly useless scene ... but that's precious broadcasting time they were wasting there) and the song. still: I love are the refernces throughout the ep ... and I love seeing how animation got better and better each season ...

they could totally pull off a FUTURAMA-like season with like 3 or 4 full-length DVD releases or something ... I'd watch it. twice at least ...
Sep. 16, 2010, 6:07am
  • by Meat Lily
  • (unregistered id: 235311D001)
The Butter-Glider stuff was hilarious! I'm usually not a fan of characters singing in the shows i watch. There's way too much of that going on these days and it's usually not funny. So I'm glad that Doc and Jackson don't often do it. It's tacky, especially in a show like this where people just typically wouldn't be singing. But this song that The Monarch sings to his Butter-Glider was perfect! I thought i was gonna piss tears i laughed so hard by the end of it. The fact that somewhere in his crazy brain he actually wanted to procreate with that machine is just too much funny! If you didn't think so, you need to remember that he's The Monarch. He's insane. Dr. Girlfriend accepts him for his madness, why can't you?
Sep. 14, 2010, 2:59pm
  • by Sad sack
  • (unregistered id: 11097CB623)
The Monarch does seem to have a fetish for mechanical objects. Like humping G.U.A.D.O?
Sep. 15, 2010, 9:15am
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
  • (unregistered id: 96FCE45031)
I think that one was more "It has Dr. Venture's face" than it being mechanical but I can see technology getting somebody like The Monarch off.
Sep. 15, 2010, 8:32pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Eldarfhc unlocked One Year Later Apr. 19, 2024, 6:32am
  • Eldarpvn unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 7:01pm
  • Eldarchm unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 4:12pm
  • Eldardjo unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 3:42pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites