Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Grethiwha
  • (unregistered id: E22C4F2CF3)
Hmm. I guess I'm the only one here who didn't really like this episode. It was mostly good, the Triad parts were great, but Dean's sudden transformation into ladies' man didn't seem right, and, I dunno... genitalia jokes seemed... excessive?
Dec. 8, 2009, 2:21am
  • by cpc65
  • (unregistered id: C1880968BC)
Did you say "dingus"?
Dec. 8, 2009, 4:28am
  • by no.22
  • (unregistered id: 0C42357BFC)
Yeah, a little contrived for what we're used to fielding from Doc and Jackson. Almost a nonsequiter to the rest of the episode, as awkwardly imposed as that was. They can be hormonal without the cliche.
Dec. 8, 2009, 6:48am
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
  • (unregistered id: A0A3970E56)
Honestly, I thought it was a nice touch. I thought, "Yeah it's a lame joke, but it works."
Dec. 8, 2009, 7:35am
  • by Creepy Crooner
  • (unregistered id: C0BBF56792)
The dingus joke seemed two-fold to me - to establish the Alchemist as a gay character for those who may not have watched the show previously (even Venture Brothers throws new viewers a bone in this way from time to time) and to set up the real (and quite hilarious) punchline of the bit - "are you embarrassed by your ignorance?" "constantly!" That right there is some Hank gold! The conversation about Al's penis is really just a mildly funny way to get to the real joke.
Also, the pussy joke was a little cheap but thoroughly gut-busting and they tied it in later when the cat actually talks.
Dec. 8, 2009, 7:00pm
  • by cpc65
  • (unregistered id: C1880968BC)
I wonder if the pussy joke could have also been a nod to Mrs. Slocombe frequently talking about her pussy (cat) on the British sitcom Are You Being Served?
Dec. 9, 2009, 12:28am
  • by Doctor X
  • (unregistered id: 5FDDC40EDA)
I think so--Mrs. Slocombe--but also because the humor is that Dean is not even trying to be funny--as Dermot would try--he actually wants to pet her cat. Hence her reflexive reaction and then softening. We are talking about the guy who cries when twin blonds attempted to fulfill every heterosexual male puberty fantasy. He is that innocent.

But he is getting curious.
Dec. 9, 2009, 10:47am
  • by Chris Thompson
  • (unregistered id: D6E3D83D37)
Love the episode though I did, I do have to agree about the dingus/pussy(cat) jokes. The dingus one at least had the payoff of "Aren't you just a little ashamed of your ignorance? / Yeah, constantly!" but both it and the pussy joke are cheap, easy gags that are beneath Doc and Jackson's norm of insightful humor.
Dec. 10, 2009, 6:32pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Leonzzj unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 3:45pm
  • Leonkew unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 10:01am
  • Leonlfh unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 7:43am
  • Leonebn unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 1:25am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites