Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Roscoe
  • (unregistered id: 8A4AAE406A)
Holly CRAP! Favorite episode of the season so far! It had all the old familiar faces that we haven't seen/hardly seen: Triad, triana, dermott, the Master, billy, and best of all, No Hatered!
I am a little disapointed that the first time we get to see triana all season is when she's leaving;
But I can't believe we saw what Triana's mom looks like; and that we got to see the "Younger Necromancer" who stole her away from Orpheus.
How Boss was Hank, acting all arrogant and douch-like like Dermott?
I wonder what's going to happen with Triana. You know, if she's going to just be gone, or come back more bad-ass than ever. I'm kind of bummed out that she's going to follow her dad into a profession in the Supernatural. I really liked her being the ground wire in the whole dynamic of Venture. The way she recognized how rediculious all the events unfolding around her were. Now she seems to be embracing it.
Personally, I think that following with the theme of the show, Triana comes back a failure and goes to art school.
Anyway, I really friggin' love this episode.
It's just nice to have my passion for Venture re-ignited. I was really feeling down about this entire season.
Dec. 7, 2009, 9:09pm
  • by Heat Death
  • (unregistered id: 3DEB798AB5)
I think Triana's unexpected launch into the world of sorcery is a pretty good parallel to what's happening with the Venture Brothers this season. Orpheus wanted her to be a normal art-school-going girl, and enforced his wishes to have her live a "normal" life by repeatedly mindwiping her when she got too close to the truth. I had thought about this in the past (specifically the last time she walked in on a closet moment and he put her under), but it didn't hit me until this episode how much his desire to decide her future ran parallel to the boys' forcibly-extended childhood.

Now if Dean can only stand up to his dad and tell him "I want to be a writer!"
Dec. 7, 2009, 10:24pm
  • by Doctor X
  • (unregistered id: 5FDDC40EDA)
You know, Dr. Venture actually, almost, seemed like a father this episode. Granted, the "joke" of the series is an grown-up Johnny Quest is upset with his life, addicted to various medications, and has the Hardy Boys for sons whom he cannot stand . . . homicidal version of Race Bannon . . . and a villian that makes Adam West laugh. Cool. Doc and Jackson moved on for the obvious reason that jokes get stale.

There have been a few episodes where Doc is forced to try--I do not say he succeeds--grow up. The one before that is obvious.

So . . . when he quietly asks Dean, "are you alright," when he normally ignores his sons' collective antics--"Brock? You speak crazy."--he actually shows concern. Perhaps part of it was he knew whatever happened there was another clone. He never had to be a father.

Or not. Dr. Venture is hardly "Super Dad" at this point.

So . . . if Dean stands up to him . . . maybe . . . just maybe he listens?
Dec. 9, 2009, 10:30am
  • by vein train
  • (unregistered id: FB6224E138)
mom i htought : Veronica fr Archie comics, then seconds later the dark haired hanger on from Josie and the Pussycats cartoon. now i can never shake that association.

art school, useless, you can say that again.
Dec. 8, 2009, 6:26pm
  • by Roscoefink
  • (unregistered id: 8A4AAE406A)
Wow, she kind of did look like Veronica, didn't she?
I can't believe it didn't occure to me.

"art school, useless, you can say that again."
Hey. Take it easy there, pal; I don't know where you went, but I attended Gnomon.
Dec. 9, 2009, 12:41am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Jaowela unlocked One Year Later Mar. 27, 2024, 1:40pm
  • Antoniohkl unlocked One Year Later Mar. 23, 2024, 11:49pm
  • Antoniogux unlocked One Year Later Mar. 23, 2024, 7:14pm
  • Antonioonk unlocked One Year Later Mar. 23, 2024, 10:53am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites