Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Hayes
  • (unregistered id: 07C8A6B950)
I've been thinking about this episode all day. I just can't get it out of my head, and in a bad way. I feel like two of the most bad ass stories in the VB universe were just wasted in one episode.

Does anyone else get the feeling that Doc Hammer just really likes to dick with the fans? Things like ORB turning out to be broken, Phantom Limb going crazy, 24 dying, etc... are just him saying "Hey, I don't like how the fans are making a really big deal out of these little things, so lets end it by ending these characters/plot lines in the stupidest ways possible!"
Nov. 17, 2009, 1:57am
  • by Creepy Crooner
  • (unregistered id: C0BBF56792)
Hahaha! I get the feeling that Doc Hammer really likes to dick with fans, but I see him saying "hey, I don;t like how the fans are making a really big deal out of these things, so lets end them in the most hilarious and Venture-appropriate way possible!"
Having the ORB turn out to be broken (and the mishap covered up for decades) is such a perfect way to end that thread! If you don't see how that was a perfect Venture moment then again, I ask you what show have you been watching? Phantom Limb going crazy was not only bound to happen (as he was already going off his rocker nearing the end of Season 2) but also executed in the most hilarious of ways (I particularly liked how all his "sidekicks" were totally docile household items but ended up being used somewhat effectively to disarm and infiltrate).
Mostly, Doc Hammer is sending a message that THIS IS A COMEDY SHOW!!!!! Just enjoy the silliness AND the mythology as they obviously work hand-in-hand and not against each other as you seem to think.
Nov. 17, 2009, 2:07am
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
  • (unregistered id: 53AA04B98B)
He does enjoy dicking around, that's for sure (and I mean that in the least disgusting way possible). And that's a good thing. Keeps things from getting too heavy.
Nov. 17, 2009, 2:40am
  • by Creepy Crooner
Totally agree!
Nov. 17, 2009, 2:47am
  • by GilbertSmith
  • (unregistered id: 480A18BFE2)
I agree. They've been making us wait a year to see ORB wrapped up, and two years to see Limb's arc continued. They give us both in one episode, and it's a hilarious anti-climax. That was really the best way for them to deal with these huge plot threads while staying in the spirit of the show.

Besides which, I thought it was just hilarious and ballsy to so carefully build a mythology around Limb and the ORB only to unceremoniously finish them off in a mid-season episode.
Nov. 17, 2009, 3:24am
  • by Creepy Crooner
Yes!!! Vintage VB!
Nov. 18, 2009, 3:24am
yes, lets make it as stupid as possible with the word loser tacked at the end of the tunnel. the jokes on us. our epic wash of apocalyptic visions are brushed to one side and likened to someone finding a dust bunny hiding under a bar of soap. eh.

which is a really messed up thing to be doing to a jaded 'seen all the Cameron movies. thanks!' target audience. right? wrong.

Monarch gives these huge speeches with grandiose terror in store to be compromised to stealing paper clips in one instance. expect ____@@____?
Nov. 17, 2009, 5:13am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Irinqpd unlocked One Year Later Apr. 29, 2024, 12:07am
  • Vilianajcr unlocked One Year Later Apr. 28, 2024, 11:26pm
  • Iringsi unlocked One Year Later Apr. 28, 2024, 10:12pm
  • Vilianauqc unlocked One Year Later Apr. 28, 2024, 8:08pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites