Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Richard
  • (unregistered id: 7D55D01C51)
Sandow was supposed to kill Lloyd Venture when he found the Orb, but didn't.
Brock was supposed to kill Rusty when he found the Orb, but didn't.
I am guessing that Kano did not kill Dr. Venture Sr.
Nov. 17, 2009, 12:10am
  • by Phil
  • (unregistered id: 6F74B78FEC)
Sandow wasn't supposed to kill Lloyd when he found the Orb...he was supposed to kill him if he tried to ACTIVATE it. Big difference, as Lloyd was involved in constructing the thing in the first place.

Ditto Brock/Rusty. Rusty finding it wasn't the problem (especially since he relocated it to a much more secure hiding place...well, more secure than out in the open...), Brock was only meant to kill him if he tried to activate it. Once Rusty made clear to Billy that he wouldn't, Brock sighed relief and put the knife away.

Of course, you're right to second-guess the Kano assassination thing. I can't wait to see how that pans out.
Nov. 17, 2009, 12:30am
  • by Richard
  • (unregistered id: E7A6BC25FE)
Well, you can change "found" to "tried to activate" in my previous comment. But I'm not sure you're right about Brock's orders. If Brock wasn't supposed to kill Rusty, why did he think the OSI was on his trail? I assumed it was for dereliction of duty.
Nov. 17, 2009, 11:32am
  • by The Sunshine Kid
  • (unregistered id: AAD60CBE02)
He thought the OSI was on his trail because of two things:
1) His car was suppoused to terminate him, but failed, so he would assume a follow up.
2)This was reinforced by Molotov telling him about the three top assassins.
Nov. 17, 2009, 11:44am
  • by Hardy
  • (unregistered id: FFF530337A)
Rewatch The Family that Slays Together Stays Together, Richard. OSI was never after Brock. Brock accidentally told his car to eliminate him and Molotov told him OSI was after him for her own benefit. OSI came to help Brock when he was doing too much public killing.
Nov. 17, 2009, 3:10pm
  • by Richard
  • (unregistered id: E7A6BC25FE)
I know that the OSI wasn't actually after Brock. But Brock thought that the OSI was after him. It's no good to say that it's because his car tried to kill him and Molotov told him about the assassins... he would still wonder *why* the OSI sent the assassins after him. And in both episodes, he doesn't bother looking for any sort of a motive... he doesn't discuss it with Hunter or anything.

In other words, it's pretty clear that Brock thought that the OSI was coming after him, and he thought he knew why the OSI was coming after him. It's that second question that's the problem. I can't see why he'd think he was a legitimate target unless he thought he had done something wrong.

(In my original comment I wrote "why did he think the OSI was on his trail?", which is scopally ambiguous between two propositions. That's kind of neat. One of them would accept an answer "X caused Brock to think the OSI was after him" and the other would accept an answer "Brock thought X was the reason the OSI was after him." I'm interested in the second.)
Nov. 22, 2009, 6:30am
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
  • (unregistered id: D04A79ADAC)
Bureaucratic mixup probably. Because the car was supposed to terminate him, OSI would be on alert to terminate him, regardless of why. Act first, question later- that's the way it is with supersecret agencies.
Nov. 22, 2009, 9:52am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Irinqpd unlocked One Year Later Apr. 29, 2024, 12:07am
  • Vilianajcr unlocked One Year Later Apr. 28, 2024, 11:26pm
  • Iringsi unlocked One Year Later Apr. 28, 2024, 10:12pm
  • Vilianauqc unlocked One Year Later Apr. 28, 2024, 8:08pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites