Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Red Menace
  • (unregistered id: A4D2FB9244)
I'm going to need to watch this a few more times, but loved it. As for Jackson Pollocks statement, I still don't like the big lug so I guess thats it. Hopefully his meltdown will happen in the next episode or two so we can be done with him. A great Rosie Grier tribute. I would have kept the motorcycle chase in. I am hoping for more backstory as the season progresses. Jackson and Doc have created a truly wonderful world.
F@$%ing loved the Action Man story
Nov. 16, 2009, 12:16pm
Thank God someone mentioned the Action Man story, it's just another clever nail in the coffin the Doc and Jackson use to bury the myth that good guys are good people. Bravo gentlemen!
Nov. 16, 2009, 11:45pm
  • by no.22
  • (unregistered id: 0C42357BFC)
Public, not Pollock...come on man.

While I can sympathize with all of the Brock lover's (and certainly agree that Hatred goes a long way towards antethesizing the former bodyguard), I'm glad that the show has made some distance from the obligatory Sampson-whoopass-extravaganza. Though always fun, it does little to showcase the very-talented men who write the show.

I think Hatred is hilarious, and I love all of the dialouge opportunities his sordid history affrords the script. I love how dynamic the story-arc has become in the last 8-10 episodes.
Nov. 18, 2009, 5:46pm
  • by Creepy Crooner
  • (unregistered id: C0BBF56792)
Agreed. While Brock kicking ass and murdering henchmen left and right is always entertaining it had already kind of run its course within the context of the show. One of the reasons VB is great is that it doesn't tend to drive recurring gags or themes into the ground just for laughs.
Hatred is a great replacement in that he brings an entirely new (and entirely hilarious) dynamic to the Venture family that IS basically the antithesis of the situation with Brock. Great stuff.
Nov. 18, 2009, 7:17pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
  • (unregistered id: 78FFEFD313)
I'm still undecided about Hatred. For me, he worked in the first few episodes but lately he's been wearing thin. I have the feeling that's all going to change after this week's episode, though.
Nov. 19, 2009, 2:36am
  • by Creepy Crooner
  • (unregistered id: C0BBF56792)
I feel the exact opposite! I wasn't so sure about Hatred at the beginning of the season but he has grown on me in leaps and bounds with every passing episode.
Nov. 19, 2009, 10:52pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Vilianakeh unlocked One Year Later Apr. 29, 2024, 1:54am
  • Irinqpd unlocked One Year Later Apr. 29, 2024, 12:07am
  • Vilianajcr unlocked One Year Later Apr. 28, 2024, 11:26pm
  • Iringsi unlocked One Year Later Apr. 28, 2024, 10:12pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites