Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Johnny Israel
  • (unregistered id: B6FA8C095B)
This whole entire show is based on failure and disappointment and some of you are acting shocked and surprised that some supposed all powerful orb turns out to be basically broken junk? Wow...Bueller...Bueller.
Nov. 16, 2009, 6:54am
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
  • (unregistered id: 53AA04B98B)
Well, Twenty Years To Midnight was a success. It seems like the cosmic scale events typically work out but the interpersonal things never do.
Nov. 16, 2009, 7:01am
  • by Johnny Israel
  • (unregistered id: B6FA8C095B)
I agree with Twenty Years to Midnight, but with some reserve. Basically it was Dr. Impossible putting the gateway together successfully and the gateway being in the right spot to happenstance more so than anyone doing anything correctly. So yes, saving the world was successful, but more out of dumb luck. (I realize I'm over simplifying the episode a lot and well....we are f'n arguing over technicalities of a cartoon show...)
Nov. 16, 2009, 7:06am
  • by mogo
  • (unregistered id: 1D84402377)
I'd say this episode was anticlimatic but was still outstanding. they slayed my expectations with phantom limb being deluded rather than threating and the orb being nothing. but hanks trickng hatred was fun. And the next episode looks fun as the monarch does yeat another rediculous plot that makes little to no sense, and hatred is tempted. is anyone suprised dean choose a children's filmed. also sidenote I loved bag-billy. and the two headed councilman. that's a great title for a 70's buddy cop movie.
Nov. 16, 2009, 7:16am
  • by Mike
  • (unregistered id: D548A83739)
Orb being worthless is possibly one of my favorite things in the entire series. The Orb episode was basically a lampoon of fans who look too hard for hidden things in the series but it ended up spawning a ridiculous story involving the Orb and such, and the complete removal of that is pretty amazing. Also I don't really think some kind of working ultimate weapon really fits into the series at all. It's about this weird arching bureaucracy where nobody really even kills anyone else with wacked out super heroes and scientists and what have you. At the end of the day nobody really wants to get anything accomplished, and something like Orb (as it was explained last season) is the means to an end. Someone can win with that. The very idea it exists is a threat to the entire universe the show has built up.
Nov. 16, 2009, 7:35am
  • by Jory
  • (unregistered id: 253E4B0099)
Amen, I totally agree. I loved how basically nonchalant Thaddeus Venture was about its destruction, too. "My orders were to kill you." "Oh, well, thanks."

It's not as if the thing would've worked anyway-- just because most of history's greatest geniuses added to it doesn't mean it's going to be some incredible and perfect machine. Most of them didn't even know what they were adding to! Crowley, for example: what the hell could he have possibly added, having no idea what the Orb was supposed to do in the first place?

That it didn't work was funny and totally appropriate. Right on, Doc!
Nov. 16, 2009, 7:53am
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
  • (unregistered id: 53AA04B98B)
The orb's purpose seems to have been passed down from genius to genius and besides, you don't need to know the purpose of greatness to recognize greatness. It feels like a cheat to me that it didn't work. It's like they painted themselves into a corner and then broke through the wall to get out. I wouldn't mind so much if orb did something, even if it was just a musicbox or laser light show. But this feels like taking the easy way out for me.
Nov. 16, 2009, 5:59pm
  • by LikeATimeBomb
  • (unregistered id: EF8AEDCBBC)
I agree, also, I can't think of any other series that would revolve a two part season finale to what seemed like such an important plot point and then make it seem like they were just throwing it away in the middle of the next season.
Nov. 16, 2009, 8:24am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Vilianakeh unlocked One Year Later Apr. 29, 2024, 1:54am
  • Irinqpd unlocked One Year Later Apr. 29, 2024, 12:07am
  • Vilianajcr unlocked One Year Later Apr. 28, 2024, 11:26pm
  • Iringsi unlocked One Year Later Apr. 28, 2024, 10:12pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites