Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by chacmool
  • (unregistered id: 5BB3517108)
When Venture presses the abort button at the beginning of the episode, he mentions the boys mother. The inflection he uses on "she" makes it sound like venture knows who the mother is. Have I missed earlier mentions of this in the series, or is that news to you guys to?
Nov. 3, 2009, 10:01am
  • by Agent No
  • (unregistered id: DD182A4057)
there have been references in the past to the mother definitely being a woman, specifically Midlife Chrysalis when the boys ask about their mom before Rusty leaves in a hurry for his date.

Maybe even from Careers in Science "It started with a moment of passion __ years ago and it will end the same" when Hank & Dean are fighting in the back seat of the X1
Nov. 3, 2009, 5:08pm
  • by Mike
  • (unregistered id: 1810A2A1DF)
Yeah they definitely have a real mother, we just don't know who she is. Obviously Myra is the primary suspect but that seems too obvious and likely she only thinks she's their mother because she's crazy and was their bodyguard. So it could be anyone!
Nov. 3, 2009, 7:30pm
  • by cpc65
  • (unregistered id: 3D0FBFE5CB)
Maybe Dermott's mystery mom could be the boys real mother, which would make him their brother. Eek! You just never know where Jackson and Doc Hammer are going sometimes.
Nov. 4, 2009, 1:14am
  • by Doctor X
  • (unregistered id: A87B9D4923)
It may be that D and J know the less they answer the more interesting it is--something Lucas and Speilberg never learned. Why does The Monarch hate Dr. Venture? Rewatching my DVDs in anticipation of the new season, I thought from Past Tense perhaps Rusty laughed during one of Malcom's butterfly poems. That would be enough to demand his ETERNAL HATRED AND WRATH [Cue music.--Ed.].

Cool. But I am sure everyone else has their own idea which they feel better. If J and D answer it, it will probably be disappointing to a lot of viewers. I think the same with the identity of their mother. It does not seem to be a secret, as Agent No notes: Rusty is about to tell them about her when he gets distracted.
Nov. 5, 2009, 3:39am
  • by Hardy
  • (unregistered id: FFF530337A)
It's funny. No matter what content Doc and Jackson put into the show people will continue to deny the answer put in front of them. Season 3 Ep. 1 answered the question of what Dr. Mrs. The Monarch said to the Monarch at the end of Season 2; but people still kept asking what she said. Season 2 Ep. 10 provided the obvious answer as to who the boys' mother is; but we as fans still reject the answer.

I know the writers never confirmed that Myra is the mother, but they did everything short of it. It's not their style to black-and-white say it; plus, that's just bad/lazy writing to put something so plainly. I think the writers intend for us to believe that Myra is the mother....and I'm sticking with that until the writers force me to question it again.
Nov. 5, 2009, 9:47pm
  • by mogo
  • (unregistered id: 1E51A1D810)
I think the biggest evidence is this quote from the dr.guymn medicine woman:
Dr. Quymn: Oh, Rusty! You have no idea how long it's been!
Dr. Venture: Nineteen years, two months and four days.
Nov. 6, 2009, 5:09am
  • by mogo
  • (unregistered id: 1E51A1D810)
As you can see the last time rusty "did it" was the age the boys would be without clones. and since myra was the first pearson he had sex with... and the evidence in the invisible hand shows her leaving right after the boys were born. as crazy as she was she probably would've killed any other woman carrying dr.ventures child(and the fact that he's a total failure with the ladies) myra is their mother. jackson and doc just don't say it because they have other, more important plot points.
Nov. 6, 2009, 5:14am
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
  • (unregistered id: 2B2DEC558B)
I'll be honest- I still am not sure what Dr. Mrs. The Monarch said to him.
Nov. 6, 2009, 7:37am
  • by Creepy Crooner
  • (unregistered id: C0BBF56792)
I'm not sure what the actual line of dialogue is meant to be but it becomes obvious that the news she was breaking to him was the fact that she signed them up for Guild partnership status (or whatever) and thus entered them into the trials of the council of 13.
Nov. 7, 2009, 12:57am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Vilianakzy unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 7:04am
  • Irinypn unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 4:18am
  • Vilianafdc unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 1:56am
  • Irinrza unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 12:20am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites