Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by cpc65
  • (unregistered id: 3D0FBFE5CB)
Notice that even though Brock was in the flashback scene in the begining, he had no dialog. Not sure if this has been discussed here before, but I'm guessing Patrick Warburton had other commitments this season so this is how Jackson and Doc are dealing with his limited availability by having him off with SPHINX fighting the good fight (or bad fight) for a least part of the season. Having Sgt. Hatred as the new bodyguard is sort of amusing, but like everyone else, I hope Brock's absence isn't too long.
Nov. 3, 2009, 4:29am
  • by AgentNo
  • (unregistered id: 3CCC597331)
That would be my main concern, also Doc & Jackson have been very hesitant to comment on how much Brock we'd see in season 4.

I hope its not done like that though, I hate the "silent main character" treatment
Nov. 3, 2009, 4:57am
  • by AgentNo
Also judging by stuff we've seen from the trailer, all of Brock's episodes look to be done.
Nov. 3, 2009, 5:03am
  • by Mr. Monday
  • (unregistered id: F93337DD76)
Or Jackson & Doc are simply saving money by not having Patrick do as much voice work this season.
Nov. 3, 2009, 6:53pm
  • by cpc65
I think the trailer we saw was just from the first 8 episodes, or season 4.1 as they're calling it. They were still working on the other 8. Maybe we'll get another trialer for those. I'm sure there's more Brock to come unless Patrick has decided to move on.
Nov. 4, 2009, 1:30am
  • by Agent No
Actually going back over the seasons, Brock was basically not in 2 episodes last season, Shadowman 9 (non speaking) and Tears of a Sea Cow (non speaking), so assuming he's in the rest from here out maybe its not going to be all that different, although I have a hunch that there will only be brief Brock appearances through 4.1, and then 4.2 will be heavy on what Brock is doing with Hunter. I do thinking back have a hard time believing Warburton wouldn't have time to record in a studio for the show, a friend of mine talked to him once and he said he loved doing Venture Bros.
Nov. 4, 2009, 2:52am
  • by Joe
  • (unregistered id: D27323FDCE)
Let's remember that "studio" for a lot of these career voiceover artists actually means "another room in their own house".

They can be directed over the phone and "e-mail" their performance...all from the comfort of their own home.
Nov. 4, 2009, 10:25pm
  • by mogo
  • (unregistered id: 10821D7DAE)
I doubt it. it's just a story decison, simalar to what they always do to the monarch. only now the boys are changing as a result. that's the reason he's gone. and as for the non-speaking that's because brock was diffrent back then, he had just lost his misson and been given a horrible assignment(I'd love it if I were that strong but hey that's me),. just look at how he is in season 1, he cares nothing for the doc and it shows then only worse. plus whats patrick warburton doing latley anyway? I just looked at it on wikipedia he's doing some crappy zenon animated series, hoodwinked 2(the orignal was really good), 2 movies and rules of engagement. and he was doing the sitcom while he was woriking on season 3. so suck on that.
Nov. 3, 2009, 6:07am
  • by cpc65
Was that him in the PC vs. Mac commercial as the "top of the line" PC? It sounded sort of like him and the guy was tall like Patrick.
Nov. 4, 2009, 1:07am
  • by Agent No
I'm sorry, apparently I or one of my past incarnations (I was a pretty big prick back in the Revolutionary Era I've been told) did something to offend you.
Nov. 4, 2009, 2:53am
  • by mogo
  • (unregistered id: 1E51A1D810)
that comment was posted before you lifted a finger. only one comment and that was for the guy above you. your big speech that actually made sense came afterward.
Nov. 6, 2009, 4:59am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Vilianadhg unlocked One Year Later Apr. 28, 2024, 3:07am
  • Irinyki unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 11:44pm
  • Vilianakzy unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 7:04am
  • Irinypn unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 4:18am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites