Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by mogo
  • (unregistered id: 10821D7DAE)
This is one of the seiries finest episodes. This episode had me from start to finish. but why don't I just break it down.
1)charicter development
Hank and Dean are actually changeing for once. Hank is starting to resent his family, with rebelling against dr.venture and resenting dean for all the praise he gives him. I sense that this will become a major plot point, as hanks cutting himself off from them all, and dermott will join them as soon as hank learns his origin. Meanwhile we see dr.venture trying to make dean into a super scientest the way his father never tried. He treates dean like his progidey and hank like a demon seed, even hitting him(albeit hilariously) and pinning the whole mess on him when only 1/3 was his fault. the animostiy might just make hank the perfect pawn in whatever comes next. I'e whatever happens with the ORB.
2)the clone back of notre dean
Clone-dean was a compelling charicter. He could of just been another dumb monster but instead we pitted him. he only wanted to be loved! although he was a little bit creepy, we understood why but end the end he got his wish, at a price of course. micheal sinterichelis knocked it out of the park
3)dermott
was funnier than some of you gave him credit. he fit perfectly. while he did was actually smart on the fleeing matter somethimes(burining his identity and fingerprints, not using the car as a getaway car), and the same dumbass he always was(abandoning hank, using the people mover as a getaway car, claming dean got a lucky hit in.). but he still deserved to be in this episode
4)the detective
well he was a little bizzare but it did show what the general public might think of the ventures. and he was acturate:something bad was going down, he was just wrong as to what was going down.
5)the albums
a nice addition and the hank scene at the end was hilarious.
all in all one of the best episodes in the sereis. period. can't wait for next week. toodles!
Nov. 3, 2009, 4:10am
  • by Gilbert Smith
  • (unregistered id: 480A18BFE2)
Agreed on all counts.

What I think is interesting is that Rusty is seriously trying to be a good father now. Even being so hard on Hank is more attention than he was giving him two seasons ago, it's just that Rusty decided to start being a dad right around the time Hank starts acting out in Brock's absence. I don't think Rusty loves Hank any less than Dean, but he's obviously being too hard on the ol' Hankinator because he doesn't really understand where Hank's coming from (Hatred, on the other hand, does, and sympathizes with Hank the most (and notice that it's Hatred who stands up for Hank right in the beginning, enforcing the ten minute rule on Dean on Hank's behalf) despite bearing the brunt of Hank's sass, being the step-bodyguard).
Nov. 3, 2009, 11:57am
  • by mogo
  • (unregistered id: 1E51A1D810)
nice insite. I'll look out for that insite in future discusion. But I think the reason dr.ventures always favored dean is beacuse dean is him:akward around girls, unkowligble about science(except the basics), is put in dangerous situations. So he's always favored dean, although he didn't show it because he just ignores the boys most of the time honestly. Your right he still does love hank, but unlike dean, that love dosen't come to the surface as much. in fact wheras with dean we've seen it come forth at least twice(Are you there god, it's me dean and hate floats.) we've never really seen it come through for hank. He even forgot him in the family that slays togheter stays togheter. But the reason things have escalated is because brocks leaving is a strain on all 3 ventures.(minus JJ because he has nothing to do with this) While deans actually hasn't been strained as much, hank and the doc have. I'll finish this in the next comment.
Nov. 6, 2009, 4:47am
  • by mogo
  • (unregistered id: 1E51A1D810)
Sorry that was a little long so I wanted to split it in half. Anywho, for hank brock was his mentor, idol, best friend and surogate father. Although he bonded with both the boys, just like the doctor(although brock cares about dean far more that dr.venture cares about hank) brock bonded with hank. And just like the other ventures, hank and brock are similar:both love sports, women(in hanks akward waay for him), and action. So when brock left hank lost the pearson he cared about the most, and since he dosen't get why brock quit he blames his dad for it, rebelling more. meanwhile doc misses brock too, although he dosen't show it. Brock was his best friend and confidante, but he treated him porely so he blames himself, the same way he blames himself for dean not being a scientest fast enough. but as per his normal dickery he blames everyone else, and thus cracks down on his least faviorite child. as for hatred, he and hank have actually kinof bonded a little, although not in the brock sense. And just like brock hatred is forced to play refree after seeing how venture is. And I think the tensions just gonna get bigger as the season grows, as future episode title "the better man" indicates, their may be a big fight between the boys. and as I said hank makes a perfect pawn. especially for someone who wants to show his family he's more that they credited him for, as well as destroy the guild and the monarch.... okay it;s phantom limb! as if it wasn't obvious enough
Nov. 6, 2009, 4:56am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Irinrje unlocked One Year Later Apr. 28, 2024, 6:27am
  • Vilianadhg unlocked One Year Later Apr. 28, 2024, 3:07am
  • Irinyki unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 11:44pm
  • Vilianakzy unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 7:04am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites