Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Creepy Crooner
  • (unregistered id: 298DE469DD)
There is nothing wrong with the story-heavy, linear plot stuff and I enjoyed season 3 very much! I just agree with Jackson in thinking that this is not really what the show was meant to be initially. At its heart, VB is a comedy show - not a drama, but it has always retained more elements of linear narrative than almost any other animated series. Personally I think that the show has the opposite of balance struggle, balancing lots of backstory and continuity with hilarious one-shots and joke heavy stand-alone outings (much like the best of comics) and while season 3 got a little heavy in regards to series mythology, season 4 has presented a sublime combination thus far.
This show has always been dark (even if some fans refuse to admit it to themselves) and this season is certainly no exception! The darker and more twisted and morally ambiguous the show becomes the more I like it so I am a happy camper so far! I know you can't please everybody but it just seems strange to me that so many "fans" are haters of specific characters or types of episodes. I love every character in the Ventureverse (the ones that are annoying are designed this way intentionally and thus the effect is hilarity) and enjoy the story arc/mythology episodes (or seasons, as the case may be) just as much as the stand-alones for different reasons (even though, as I stated, I don't think they are inherently all that different). Although it is fun to discuss and debate on these here forums, I believe that Dr. X has it all figured out and I'm following his lead and "just enjoying the season" =D
Nov. 3, 2009, 12:22am
  • by Marcus
  • (unregistered id: B68C30BFDA)
Out of curiosity, can you go two whole comments without calling out everyone who disagrees on some irrelevant point on the sincerity of their fandom?

It gets tiresome. We all like the show, or we wouldn't be here. We all like different things about the show, or we wouldn't be individuals. Maybe cut back on the snarkiness so that the actual point of your comments isn't overshadowed by the reminder that you're a bit of a dick.

Thanks in advance!
Nov. 3, 2009, 12:37am
  • by NationofHank
  • (unregistered id: 3CCC597331)
I dunno, I kinda find the comments crooner is responding to MORE annoying.
Nov. 3, 2009, 12:44am
  • by Chris Thompson
  • (unregistered id: D6E3D83D37)
If you don't want to discuss what you did or did not like about the show, one has to wonder what drew you to a "discussion" board.
Nov. 3, 2009, 1:21am
  • by NationofHank
  • (unregistered id: 3CCC597331)
its a two way street, and funny reading through.

Person 1 "I don't like this episode"
Person 2 "I disagree"
Person 1 "WHy are you such a dick?"
Person 3 "I disagree too."
Persons 1 & 4 "WELL THEN WHY DID YOU COME HERE?! How dare you disagree! Only we are allowed to have different opinions."
Nov. 3, 2009, 2:01am
  • by Doctor X
  • (unregistered id: A87B9D4923)
"I believe that Dr. X has it all figured out and I'm following his lead and "just enjoying the season" =D"

Clearly the most insightful comment ever offered on these pages. . . .
Nov. 3, 2009, 11:46am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Irinyki unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 11:44pm
  • Vilianakzy unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 7:04am
  • Irinypn unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 4:18am
  • Vilianafdc unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 1:56am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites