Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Chris Thompson
  • (unregistered id: D6E3D83D37)
To paraphrase Sgt. Hatred from the Season opener:

"Jackson, I will give you SOOOO much money to not write more Dermott episodes."

Seriously, I would have loved this episode if I hadn't been for him. Yes, teenagers are obnoxious. We all knew a Dermott in school and he was a tool. We get it. Can we put the character away now? I don't even care who is parents are at this point, because that revelation will mean putting up with him for another 22 minutes.

Apart from him, I thought the episode was great. They are starting to fill Hatred out as a character, which is awesome. I want more reject Dean!
Nov. 2, 2009, 9:22pm
  • by Pvt. Schwa
  • (unregistered id: 465CD30CE9)
I second the Dermott thing. I find him several orders of magnitude more obnoxious than the moppets and don't really give a crap who his father is. The only justification I can accept for him getting more airtime is if it involves him dying in a hilarious way.
Nov. 2, 2009, 11:22pm
  • by Mike
  • (unregistered id: 1810A2A1DF)
Dermott is supposed to be annoying. He's like the classic annoying ass kid who always tries to one-up everything you say. He's actually really well written in that respect. If you are annoyed by him then all it means is that you are a normal person who hates annoying dudes.
Nov. 3, 2009, 12:26am
  • by Joe
  • (unregistered id: F4771C728C)
Sure Dermott is well written and everything...and he looks a LOT like a guy I went to high school with...but he's starting to get my nerves a little...and so is Sergeant Hatred...and I'm still wondering who triggered the bomb strapped to H.E.L.P.eR.

Phantom Limb perhaps? LOL (Ok, that was a lame attempt at humor, but I'm finding it hard to believe that it was the obvious choice, i.e. the Moppets. Jackson and Doc are way better than that.)

But who else could it be? Dr. Girlfriend? She wasn't anywhere near the trigger.
Nov. 3, 2009, 12:40am
  • by Mike
  • (unregistered id: 1810A2A1DF)
The only characters unaccounted for during the explosion were the moppets, so it pretty much had to be them. There's even a shot of Dr. Girlfriend leaving the detonator in the Cocoon when she leaves, so it's likely not her.
Nov. 3, 2009, 1:02am
  • by Roscoe
  • (unregistered id: 3624C4E9D5)
Nutts to you guys! I think dermott is GREAT! I started laughing as soon as he -creepily- Appeared in Hanks room!
I can't get enough of him. The compulsive lying, his inability to be anything but a poser-dick! Hillarious! I hope to see LOADS more Dremott in the upcomming season.
I have to say though, as is always my complaint; I am really sorry we haven't seen Triana yet. I think her dynamic in the show is genius. She is a down-to-earth, real world girl, in a fantastic world of super scientists, super-heros, and monsters, and she seems keenly aware of this fact. It's brilliant.
Nov. 3, 2009, 9:49am
  • by Doctor X
  • (unregistered id: A87B9D4923)
"You think you're so cool . . . but you're SO Dave Mathews!"

Most awesome line!
Nov. 3, 2009, 11:42am
  • by Hardy
  • (unregistered id: FFF530337A)
Agreed. MORE DERMOTT PLEASE!!!
Nov. 3, 2009, 3:29pm
  • by cpc65
  • (unregistered id: 3D0FBFE5CB)
I wasn't too keen on Dermott myself when he first showed up in The Buddy System, except for when dean beat the snot out of him, and was hoping his appearance was a one shot deal. But since the ending of that episode made it likely he'd be back, I've adjusted to him. He does seem a bit out of place compared to most of the other characters, as if he was lifted from another cartoon show and dropped into VB. I do think it’s funny though, all those lame ass excuses that come out of his mouth as to why he can't do, or couldn't do, all these awesome things he says he can do. It looks like even naive Hank is finally starting to wise up to him and is realizing that Dermott may not be as cool as he thinks he is, especially after he bailed on Hank during their "flight to the border".
Nov. 5, 2009, 12:40am
  • by Chris Thompson
  • (unregistered id: D6E3D83D37)
Oh believe me, I know that he's SUPPOSED to be annoying. I'm sure Doc and Jackson intended for him to be the obnoxiouslittle turd that he is. But his annoyingness doesn't make me laugh; it makes me want to turn my television off. If he's pushing the audience away instead of pushing the plot forward, maybe it's time he faded into the background.
Nov. 3, 2009, 1:05am
  • by Eric
  • (unregistered id: A096023616)
In addition to supposed to being annoying, I see Dermott as Hank's foil. Dermott proposes crap so far out there that Hank becomes the straight man. That he has to stop and be the one to take things seriously (even if they do inevitably end up in silly hijinks.)
Bonus? Dermott's good for Hank's assertiveness.

We've seen Dermott in, what, 3 (?) episodes so far? I got enough faith in Jackson and Doc to give them a chance to go somewhere with this.
Nov. 3, 2009, 2:45am
  • by ChrisL232
  • (unregistered id: 0E65DDD2C3)
Fade into the background? No way. I have to disagree with ya there. He is, as you have said, 'supposed to be annoying,' but that is not where I find laughs. It is when he is shown up, beaten up or taken down a notch that my investment in Dermott's 'annoyingness' pays off.
Nov. 3, 2009, 3:07am
  • by Grethiwha
  • (unregistered id: E22C4F2CF3)
The trick for me is, when Dermott says something like "I had my chi totally focused in my upper chest", just picture Doc Hammer recording the voice. Then it's amusing again!
Nov. 3, 2009, 4:01am
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
  • (unregistered id: 2B2DEC558B)
Hey, that really helps! Thanks man!
Nov. 3, 2009, 7:34am
  • by Hardy
  • (unregistered id: FFF530337A)
Dermott is hilarious. He was the highlight in "Perchance to Dean". I say, more Dermott all the time!
Nov. 3, 2009, 3:32pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Vilianakzy unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 7:04am
  • Irinypn unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 4:18am
  • Vilianafdc unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 1:56am
  • Irinrza unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 12:20am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites