Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Gilbert Smith
  • (unregistered id: 480A18BFE2)
Sunshine, like Michael Jackson, is not necessarily a pedo, but he certainly comes across as one, and he's definitely and undeniably a total weirdo man-child. I think he helps us get a fuller picture of Hank's growth this season. Dean and Hank could've easily grown up to be the same kind bizarre, disconnected-from-reality man-child crazies, but Hank expresses at the end of this one that you can't spend your whole life in your own little fantasy world.

So, not just a funny episode, but I think we'll look back on it as a key piece of Hank's development throughout the season.

Other notes-

Badass 21 is great. I love that he's reinvented himself as a new, hardcore elite henchman, but he's still our same old 21, preferring to pay off the cabbie rather than kill him. He's shown himself emotionally capable of murder before, but I think he'd still rather avoid it when that's an option.

21 vs. Hank was awesome. That's the sort of action that they couldn't really do when Brock got all the fight scenes. "Sorry Hank, but you're being a little DICK!"

Mini-Hatred got a couple good bits in there, like sending Rusty the map, but yeah, they really could've done more with him. I don't think they showed him going back to normal size, so maybe it's a setup for something in the next episode. As we know, the shrink ray doesn't always work the way it's supposed to, and they were probably surprised when they were able to shrink him in the first place.

I loved getting a glimpse of the spandex hero scene as it is in the Ventureverse. I want to know if Batman is a real person in this world or if Hank's still just kind of stupid about that.

I could go on all night, so I'll stop here.
Oct. 27, 2009, 4:57am
  • by Col. Aldus Valor
  • (unregistered id: 44E41FA4A0)
Yeah they really have to wrap up the mini-hatred thing, just like they did when Venture was split into three pieces throughout the second act of Powerless in the Face of Death.

ah closure.
Oct. 27, 2009, 5:16am
  • by pirate hippy
  • (unregistered id: CA31821874)
No they don't. They can just have Hatred appear normal sized next episode and let us assume he was fixed in between episodes, same as when Venture was split by the teleporter.
Oct. 27, 2009, 5:25am
  • by Pvt. Schwa
  • (unregistered id: BB7AC5FBA9)
The sarcasm sailing over your head goes *whoosh!*
Oct. 27, 2009, 8:35am
  • by Col. Aldus Valor
  • (unregistered id: 44E41FA4A0)
Thank you, Private, I wasn't going to say anything.
Oct. 27, 2009, 10:01am
  • by pirate hippy
  • (unregistered id: A2D8BED341)
Swoosh yourself. No one is a mind reader on a web discussion forum.
Oct. 31, 2009, 8:23am
You're the one who didn't stop and think that we were talking about THE EXACT SAME THING
Oct. 31, 2009, 9:47am
  • by pirate hippy
  • (unregistered id: CA31821874)
Hank as Wonderboy was a good deal more coordinated than Hank has been in the past.
Oct. 27, 2009, 5:27am
  • by Mike
  • (unregistered id: 1810A2A1DF)
on a related note to mini-Hatred, Dr. Venture printing out that map on an old ass dot matrix printer cracked me up
Oct. 27, 2009, 5:59pm
  • by Roscoe
  • (unregistered id: 75D6D41426)
I agree Mike. I wondered if anybody else would catch that.
Oct. 28, 2009, 1:08am
  • by Doctor X
  • (unregistered id: A87B9D4923)
Does the shrink ray EVER work? Remember Dr. V's attempts to use it in the previous seasons? Even his dad could not get it to work correctly.

It may be that they had more with Mini Hatred but simply had to cut it for time.

Writing of obsession, anyone else notice that Jonas Jr. is a bit obsessed with recreating the father he never knew? Garguantua II which was SUCH a success it was left with two misfits? Just a thought. . . .
Oct. 30, 2009, 4:30pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Irinyki unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 11:44pm
  • Vilianakzy unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 7:04am
  • Irinypn unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 4:18am
  • Vilianafdc unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 1:56am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites