Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by RetroWarbird
  • (unregistered id: 3B9A4F2D25)
Too funny.

I loved White's "I'm billionaire playboy, Bruce White" story.

Loved seeing Monarch and Dr. Mrs. elevate themselves up to "A-List" and fight a "real super-hero". Thought the gay jokes were smartly done and not too obnoxious. Thought the whole Action News team being the JLA type team was spot on hilarious.

Add in the hints about Sgt. Hatred and Billy's future, the history of Captain Sunshine from Season 1 (and last season's flashbacks) that were referenced, like how he thinks Monarch is invulnerable, or how Monarch had 21 & 24 kill Wonderboy ... and speaking of 21 - he's turning into super-henchman!
Oct. 26, 2009, 6:35am
  • by Crawling Brain
  • (unregistered id: 01F9928F2E)
"And this is my ward" was pretty genius, too. (Burt Ward played Robin in the Adam West Batman TV show)
Oct. 26, 2009, 6:39am
  • by RetroWarbird
Strictly speaking, the irony is that Burt Ward portrayed Bruce Wayne's actual "ward". A ward is a kid whose parents died and is taken care of by a legal guardian, typically a friend of the family.
Oct. 26, 2009, 6:40am
  • by RetroWarbird
But yeah, that line was perfect to add in for Billy, and the way the butler didn't buy it at all made me laugh hard.
Oct. 26, 2009, 6:41am
  • by Crawling Brain
  • (unregistered id: 01F9928F2E)
Yes, I know, that what I was getting at. It's two jokes in one.
Oct. 26, 2009, 6:42am
  • by Joe
  • (unregistered id: F4771C728C)
I read or saw somewhere that Burt Ward (real name Bert Gervis Jr) changed his name for "Hollywood purposes", either by "request" from the Batman producers or because he figured that Gervis was just wasn't flashy enough...and he figured that since Dick Grayson was Wayne's "youthful ward", then that'd be a perfect name! (note also the spelling change in the first name)
Nov. 2, 2009, 3:59am
  • by Jory
  • (unregistered id: 397CA99F6F)
It was fun to see Hank and 21 duke it out.
"You're being a little dick!"

I was disappointed and confused that tiny, currency-patterned Sgt. Hatred didn't really lead anywhere... I figured the post-credit gag would involve it in some way. Oh, well.

Pretty good 'sode. Looking forward to more!
Oct. 26, 2009, 6:49am
  • by pirate hippy
  • (unregistered id: CA31821874)
Why did they shrink down Sgt. Hatred, I was wondering? What happened to the little guy from Season Three (I forget his name, the inch high guy locked underground in that vault for several decades)? Why not use him?
Oct. 27, 2009, 2:27am
  • by Dan
  • (unregistered id: 79F612DEE7)
I think the idea was to regrow him at the last second as the Monarch was walking back to his cocoon, catching him and the henchmen off guard. But Billy was having problems with the shrink ray when the time came.
Oct. 27, 2009, 5:59am
  • by cpc65
  • (unregistered id: 9A3244A2F9)
I think Humongaloid moved out of the Venture compound and probably in with one of the original Team Venture members. He was asking if any of them was looking for a roomate as Hank and Dean kept trying to flush him down the f***ing toilet. "They think I'm the Tidy Bowl man!". So he probably wasn't available on short notice.
Oct. 30, 2009, 6:25am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Vilianakzy unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 7:04am
  • Irinypn unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 4:18am
  • Vilianafdc unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 1:56am
  • Irinrza unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 12:20am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites