Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Grethiwha
  • (unregistered id: E22C4F2CF3)
fff, you linked to the second page so I read the interview backwards. ;)
Another great interview, I love reading these.

Though, I didn't say anything the last time Jackson mentioned a live-action movie, but come on. I can't imagine that that would be... ideal.
Apr. 3, 2009, 11:29pm
  • by Mike
  • (unregistered id: 1810A2A1DF)
Oops, thanks, fixed it.
Apr. 4, 2009, 12:06am
  • by Grethiwha
Hey I just noticed Doc Hammer was on the "Ken P.D. Snydecast" podcast yesterday. A few days ago I was looking through Docs old myspace posts and found that he and Jackson did that podcast, like, a couple years ago. I tried to find more from that podcast series with Doc or Jackson but couldn't find any (though the descriptions make it very hard to tell). The podcast mostly was just rambling from a large group of people over which logo they would use for their podcast based on a user-submitted contest. It was kinda pointless to listen to though somewhat amusing to hear Doc defend the ugliest logo.

ANYWHO I subscribed to the podcast and what do you know, a couple days later, a new one comes up with Doc. I haven't listened to it yet, but it's just Doc and Ken Plume according to the description, so maybe they talk about the Venture Bros.... Though according to the description they talk about "alarms and weather". :P
Apr. 4, 2009, 12:28am
  • by Grethiwha
He didn't talk about Venture Bros so much as a variety of other topics like smoking and strip clubs and martial arts. It was still entertaining to listen to though, I love listening to Doc (and/or Jackson) talk about random crap... which is pretty much what they do in the commentaries, so if you like those... I recommend it!

Anywho, he did a second one!, which I'm downloading now.
Apr. 10, 2009, 7:33am
I'm actually dreading a live action VB movie. Animated series never do well when they go to live action. Not to be confused with comic books going to live action (Batman, Spiderman, Iron Man, etc) But George of the Jungle, Garfield, Alvin and the Chipmonks, and don't get me started on Transformers--2 hour GM commercial. If VB makes it to theatres they should do it like the Simpsons, Animated.

Although I'd still see it if it wasn't.
Apr. 4, 2009, 12:26am
  • by Grethiwha
Yeah, I'd definately watch it, I have faith that Doc and Jackson would MAKE it awesome.... but I'd definately feel better about an animated movie if they make a movie.
Apr. 4, 2009, 12:30am
And besides nobody even looks like the characters they play, with exception to Urbaniak as Venture. They'd have to get people who look close and then dub their voices, so they may as well animate it. There's plenty more they can do if they animate it anyway
Apr. 4, 2009, 12:37am
  • by Grethiwha
heh, I assume they'd do it like the tick, which I believe was using actors, with the actors voices and not the original voice actors voices (though Dr. G would have to be dubbed). I dunno, it'd be... challenging.

Also I haven't watched nearly enough Tick. I think I saw the first episode of the animated series and didn't get hooked, and the first 5 minutes of the live action series which was amusing but I was only doing it to see what it looks like. Thats (animated series first I guess) what I should be doing during the wait for season 4 of the VB.
Apr. 4, 2009, 12:44am
  • by Ron Bonham
  • (unregistered id: C49FDF157B)
Just say no to live action!
Apr. 4, 2009, 12:49am
  • by Ron Bonham
  • (unregistered id: C49FDF157B)
Ok, maybe getting Wes Anderson involved would be neat.... ;)
Apr. 5, 2009, 12:04pm
You should youtube The Tick Vs. Chairface Chippendale. Best ep of the animated series.
Apr. 4, 2009, 12:48am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Evaxke unlocked One Year Later Mar. 28, 2024, 9:12am
  • Evazul unlocked One Year Later Mar. 28, 2024, 6:42am
  • Evagsv unlocked One Year Later Mar. 28, 2024, 5:13am
  • Evaxiv unlocked One Year Later Mar. 28, 2024, 2:51am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites