Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Johnny Israel
  • (unregistered id: DC2262DA27)
So after watching all the commentary on the episodes...I was amused at Doc and Jackson's joke about setting up one of the Sharks from Family That Slays Together Pt. 1 as a potential character.

But, that got me thinking...that be awesome. For some reason I picture the shark in a trenchcoat and playing with cards in one of his fins. Yes, I'm giving a f'n shark objects associated with the comicbook character Gambit.

Did anyone think of anything from the commentaries? Did anyone like or dislike them?
Mar. 28, 2009, 6:05am
  • by Grethiwha
  • (unregistered id: E22C4F2CF3)
The commentaries were awesome, I love listening to Doc and Jackson talk.
Mar. 29, 2009, 7:25pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
  • (unregistered id: 091F36F4C8)
I thought they were good. They didn't talk as much about the episodes as I had hoped and Disc 2 can't do commentary and closed captioning (I like to be able to follow along with the episode) but they were entertaining and informative anyway. Also, they seemed to hit on a lot of the stuff we talked about in the episode discussions.

On a side note, I was thinking about the nudity and language. It's actually pretty tame compared to a lot of what one might see on other uncensored DVDs. I mean, most of it is brief and it isn't really sexualized in any way.
Mar. 30, 2009, 3:58am
  • by Hardy
  • (unregistered id: 6EEC4DBDDC)
I mostly agree with you on the nudity and language.

I just think it's funnier when censored...or at least 85% of the time I do.
Mar. 30, 2009, 6:19pm
  • by Mike
  • (unregistered id: 1810A2A1DF)
Yeah I kind of agree. I don't find the cursing or dongs to be offensive at all, I just feel like the mystery a bleep or black censor bar somehow creates (even though we know what's behind both) makes a line or scene funnier. Like that scene towards the end of Now Museum, Now You Don't! where Brock goes "Get the fuck out of here!" It somehow way more hilarious with the bleep. I certainly appreciate it being uncensored but I can't say I'm really upset that season 1 & 2 are still censored. Ah well, still awesome.
Mar. 30, 2009, 9:56pm
  • by That Guy! From the Internet!
  • (unregistered id: C039DEBA32)
I'll put my thoughts on the nudity this way:

Before going to see the Watchmen film, I'd heard lots of talk about Dr. Manhattan's blue penis being all over the place. When I saw the film, I barely noticed it. But in Season Three, there were multiple occasions when I thought, "Damn, there are a lot of animated penises in this show."

Also, I hate to think how many pause buttons will be worn out on DMtM's nipple slip.
Mar. 30, 2009, 10:07pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
  • (unregistered id: 091F36F4C8)
I agree with you guys. There's something inexplicably funnier about censored nudity and language. It just lets your mind run free with possibilities.
Mar. 31, 2009, 2:21am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Vikidbr unlocked One Year Later May. 17, 2024, 3:54am
  • Vikixoh unlocked One Year Later May. 11, 2024, 4:03am
  • Vikipxc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 9:04pm
  • Vikixsc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 8:49pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites