Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Grethiwha
  • (unregistered id: E22C4F2CF3)
Oh mah god!
I've been waiting for dvd news. I never expected it to come from IGN.
So is that the real art? And why hasn't Publick mentioned it yet? Oh well, we'll see; hopefully the release date doesn't turn out to be further back.
I have a PS3, so I want the Bluray. But I also want to watch it in places other than my basement, so I want the DVD.
I think the CD makes the purchase of both formats a necessity. I knew I was gonna want both formats, but I also knew that the purchase of both at the same time would be hard to justify.
I guess $75 isn't tooo bad. I love you, the Venture Brothers.
Dec. 9, 2008, 12:59am
  • by Bryan
  • (unregistered id: 30B95A3833)
Yeah, looks like I'm going to have to get both versions too. I wonder what this means for the soundtrack that was talked about.
Dec. 9, 2008, 9:29am
  • by Grethiwha
  • (unregistered id: E22C4F2CF3)
What do you mean? This is the first I've heard of a soundtrack, and I think "Additionally, the Blu-ray disc box set will be packaged with an exclusive CD which includes 20 tracks that comprise the full musical score from the television series' third season" pretty much sums it up.
Dec. 10, 2008, 12:42am
  • by Phil
  • (unregistered id: 4453D1431A)
I'd imagine we're still getting the soundtrack...that was discussed as a J.G. Thirlwell release, whereas this is obviously Adult Swim/Astrobase Go.

My guess is that this will just cover the season three tunes, and the official J.G. soundtrack will cover 1-2. Fingers crossed, folks...
Dec. 10, 2008, 3:44pm
  • by That Guy! From the Internet!
  • (unregistered id: C039DEBA32)
Thirlwell's site said that the Venture Bros. soundtrack was supposed to come out in March on Williams Street Records (i.e., Adult Swim's record company). It sounds like it's could be the same thing, then. But on the other hand, Thirlwell's site says nothing about it being packaged with Season 3, as an exclusive or otherwise.

I really hope that term "exclusive" is wrong or misleading. I love Venture Bros. and I love JGT's music even more. But I don't have a Blu-ray player and don't plan to get one, so the practical case for me is that I'd be paying $45 for a CD.

If I were going to spend that much money, and that's a gigantic *IF*, it'd be under extreme protest and would use up all the goodwill that Adult Swim has accrued from me.
Dec. 17, 2008, 10:01pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Eldarqex unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 9:57am
  • Eldarkhb unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 9:39am
  • Eldaresr unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 3:58am
  • Eldarlst unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 12:16am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites